Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fuseboard

Options
  • 27-04-2019 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hiya.
    I’m wondering how much roughly are electrician charging to change a fuseboard and to certify it thanks. In they southeast.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hiya.
    I’m wondering how much roughly are electrician charging to change a fuseboard and to certify it thanks. In they southeast.

Very hard to say without seeing it as there are so many variables.
    I haven't done this in a very long time, but at a guess I would think that the lowest possible price would be €600 + VAT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Hiya.

Just a fusebox about 600/700 providing no wiring problems

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mikeyshragh

Thanks guys. That’s what I was thinking.

And if they where looking for a cert to re energize a house. Just to test and certify and there is no wiring needed doing what would that roughly cost. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Thanks guys. That’s what I was thinking.

And if they where looking for a cert to re energize a house. Just to test and certify and there is no wiring needed doing what would that roughly cost. Thanks.

That's a compliance certificate you need, sparks will have to carry out a complete check to certify not just switch Fuse box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lots of times when a fuseboard needs to be replaced you also need to upgrade the bonding in the house. Depending on the size of the house etc this can add to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mikeyshragh

That's a compliance certificate you need, sparks will have to carry out a complete check to certify not just switch Fuse box

Thanks for replying. Just lets says all they wiring is good and they electrican is happy. Highly unlikely I know. There is always something that needs upgrading. But how much to test a 3 bedroom house and give they cert. taking away they extra for they moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Thanks for replying. Just lets says all they wiring is good and they electrican is happy. Highly unlikely I know. There is always something that needs upgrading. But how much to test a 3 bedroom house and give they cert. taking away they extra for they moment

Impossible to say. If the power is off currently then the house needs too meet today’s standards and not the standards of when it was wired! The house could be perfectly safe for a reconnection but if it doesn’t meet today’s standards (1 new standard is a separate supply to the bathroom) then the REC cannot provide a very! How old is the house and how long is the ESB off?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,100 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Impossible to say. If the power is off currently then the house needs too meet today’s standards and not the standards of when it was wired! The house could be perfectly safe for a reconnection but if it doesn’t meet today’s standards (1 new standard is a separate supply to the bathroom) then the REC cannot provide a very! How old is the house and how long is the ESB off?

Would the new cable where the L N E are all insulated be a "new standard". Would 10mm of the older type of cable going to an electric shower need to be replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Test only certification of an existing installation does not require it to be certified to today's standards but to the Edition of ET101 at the time of installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lots of times when a fuseboard needs to be replaced you also need to upgrade the bonding in the house. Depending on the size of the house etc this can add to it

It’s a requirement when replacing a db that the bonding(including new earth rod)and mains cables are upgraded

• Advertisement
Advertisement