Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to book New York/Vegas trip

Options
  • 27-04-2019 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Want to book a honeymoon, for September or October 4 nights in NYC and 3 in vegas.

Can anyone give me any price saving tips, best tour operators etc..

Been quoted 3K but surely theres better deals to be had

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Book it yourself directly. Except for the new York hotels the rest should be pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Want to book a honeymoon, for September or October 4 nights in NYC and 3 in vegas.

Can anyone give me any price saving tips, best tour operators etc..

Been quoted 3K but surely theres better deals to be had

Don't know who quoted you that but there's absolutely far better deals than that available. Did you specify better class of hotels or something because that's the only way I can see it being that high.

I've done it both ways - self booking and travel agents. For travel agents I've always used Tour America. I've found them to be one of the cheapest but also one of the most helpful, especially when things went tits up one time.

Look for a travel agents offers on Multi-City holidays and tailor it to suit yourselves rather than specify that you want to do x, y, or z on such and such a date. If you're flexible you can get far better deals. Also, I'd look at going to Vegas first and NY second. Fun first (and the longer journey out of the way) and tourist / shopping after.

Be warned that NY hotels don't come cheap, especially anywhere on Manhattan. You could possibly have a look at staying out towards Queens or somewhere like that but that will entail travel every day, albeit by a very good transport system. I wouldn't splash out too much on a 'good' hotel in NY in any case as there's so much to do there that it ultimately becomes a 'bed for the night' .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Be aware of LV resort fees which add a bit and are not in the quoted prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Some Manhattan hotels also tack on a resort fee.

Personally I would stay outside Manhattan. I usually stay in Queens or in New Jersey and travel in each day. Much more affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Also remember about "Las Vegas Sandwich" when checking in

https://frontdesktip.com/faq/

Worked out for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Booked a couple of trips to the USA recently and got the best deal with Ametican Holidays. Tried booking the same as what they quoted me and could not better it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

We did las vegas and cancun. We still think we could have done with a 4th day in las vegas as we were knackered for it. We would love to return there.

Advertisement