If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung QE65Q6FN

Options
  • 27-04-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

Upgraded my AVR and speakers to Atmos with you guys a few months ago and now looking at changing my TV. 

My price range won't extend to OLED but I've seen good reviews on this model and was looking for an opinion.

One question I had was re: Dolby Vision, if my AVR is Dolby Vision compatible and my source is also (ie. Xbox one) could this TV decode the Dolby Vision even though it wouldn't be listed in the specs.

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kellyg6 wrote: »
    Hi,

Upgraded my AVR and speakers to Atmos with you guys a few months ago and now looking at changing my TV. 

My price range won't extend to OLED but I've seen good reviews on this model and was looking for an opinion.

One question I had was re: Dolby Vision, if my AVR is Dolby Vision compatible and my source is also (ie. Xbox one) could this TV decode the Dolby Vision even though it wouldn't be listed in the specs.

Cheers.
    Hi Kellyg6.

Thanks for coming back to us.

The 65Q6FN is a fantastic television and had an excellent picture!

Regarding Dolby Vision. Unless the TV is Dolby Vision certified it will not be able to display an image in Dolby Vision.
    If the AVR and Player are Dolby vision but the TV is not then the image displayed on the TV will not be in Dolby vision but native 4K.

Samsung might add Dolby Vision as a firmware update but that is totally up to them.

The 65Q6FN is currently priced at £999. There is also a voucher code (TV50) which would drop the price down to £949.00 with £6.99 shipping.
    In stock and ready to ship.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kellyg6

Hi,

Cheers.
    Hi Kellyg6.

Regarding Dolby Vision. Unless the TV is Dolby Vision certified it will not be able to display an image in Dolby Vision.
    If the AVR and Player are Dolby vision but the TV is not then the image displayed on the TV will not be in Dolby vision but native 4K.

Samsung might add Dolby Vision as a firmware update but that is totally up to them.

The 65Q6FN is currently priced at £999. There is also a voucher code (TV50) which would drop the price down to £949.00 with £6.99 shipping.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Do you think the 65Q6FN being edge lit would be a major disadvantage as opposed to something like the LG[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]65SK9500PLA being full array? [/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Would the extra cost be worth it considering I'll be using this TV for a few years before upgrading?[/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also I see you have a 65Q6FN as a mail order return on clearance, what condition exactly would that be in?[/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cheers.[/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Cheers.
    Hi Kellyg6.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Do you think the 65Q6FN being edge lit would be a major disadvantage as opposed to something like the LG[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]65SK9500PLA being full array? [/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Would the extra cost be worth it considering I'll be using this TV for a few years before upgrading?[/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Also I see you have a 65Q6FN as a mail order return on clearance, what condition exactly would that be in?[/font]

[font=museo-sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cheers.[/font]
    Hi Kellyg6.

Full array does help give a better image but with the QLED over LED there is no competition.
    Don't get me wrong the SK9500 is also a fantastic television.

The clearance 65Q6FN is full boxed as new. It was returned as it was too large for the customers living room so it has been unboxed and setup for several days. (It's fully factory reset and complete with all accessories). Also includes our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.