Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting 2 WiFi extenders

Options
  • 27-04-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi, if in wrong forum, please remove/repost.

I have a Netgear extender set up at home, however the signal is still not being boosted to the shed out the back.

I am wondering if I can plug in another extender in the shed and run an ethernet cable from one extender to the other?
    Rams the signal should still be strong. But would the 2nd extender broadcast wifi?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Wireless extenders are a terrible way of extending your wireless network, they half your existing speeds. Fine is you only want to lightly browse but no good for streaming or file transfer as they share the same frequency as your existing WiFi.

You are best of to forget about the extender and get a mesh WiFi system like Google WiFi or Eero
    https://eero.com/

Advertisement