Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WhatsApp query

Options
  • 27-04-2019 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

After I send a message to all but one of my WhatsApp contacts, I know that the message has been received and opened by the recipient because the two small ticks (√√) at the lower right-hand side of the green message review on my phone turn from grey to blue. However, with one of my contacts, the two ticks on my phone don’t change from grey to blue at all when he receives a message and opens it.
    I have looked in the WhatsApp settings and I can’t see any difference between the settings for him and my other contacts. Messages to him are the only ones that this happens to.

Any suggestions??

Thanks. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Acoustic18 wrote: »
    After I send a message to all but one of my WhatsApp contacts, I know that the message has been received and opened by the recipient because the two small ticks (√√) at the lower right-hand side of the green message review on my phone turn from grey to blue. However, with one of my contacts, the two ticks on my phone don’t change from grey to blue at all when he receives a message and opens it.
    I have looked in the WhatsApp settings and I can’t see any difference between the settings for him and my other contacts. Messages to him are the only ones that this happens to.

Any suggestions??

Thanks. :confused:

Hes turned off Read Receipts so people dont know if hes read their message.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

He probably has it set to not share read receipts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Yep. If you drill down into the privacy settings on your phone you'll see the option to turn off read receipts. I've helped a couple of people turn their read receipts off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You'll still get a read receipt from them in a group, but you won't get them in 1 to 1 chats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Acoustic18

Thanks for the help guys. Problem sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Hi. Can I crash this thread to ask if anyone knows of an app for Android that allows me to see who has viewed my profile?

Does anyone have some advice please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Viewed what profile? Your WhatsApp profile? No, that information isn't stored

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Viewed what profile? Your WhatsApp profile? No, that information isn't stored

I know Whatsapp don't, but there are apps that let you see all that kind of information. I'm looking for links to such apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

sligeach wrote: »
    I know Whatsapp don't, but there are apps that let you see all that kind of information. I'm looking for links to such apps.
    Again, what profile? Facebook, instagram, boards...?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
Advertisement