Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Usual morning routine, sitting here on the balcony with a Nespresso, mutt has his body inside the air conditioned kitchen and his head outside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Six in the morning (almost) trying to plan my day but caught between two plans oops..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Gotta love internet shopping, a few keys strokes and a boardsie gets something that will make her life easier, that is, if the courier finds her hidden island :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...Walking around come in to the sound, forget that you're down, feel the air Beautiful Affair...

Morning all,

There's a bit of fog and it's 12C

Kitchen with coffee, I think the fog might have seeped into my head, could have rolled over this morning :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

• Advertisement

Morning all,beautiful sunny morning here,having coffee and delighted that I've a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Wide awake at 6 am, back to work 3 weeks today and probably won't be able to get out of the bed at that ungodly hour :rolleyes: Still can't decide what to have for breakfast. Really foggy here and there was a touch of frost on the grass earlier. Roll on Winter! Have a great day everybody :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Morning all! It's exciting that others are getting excited about Autumn/Winter! Normally, everyone around me is like "can't believe it's nearly Autumn, we haven't even had a proper Summer" rant rant rant :pac:

This evening is going to be an absolute washout and, frankly, I'm looking forward to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

In work. And what am I doing??

A poo. Yes that's right. Well done class. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

God I'm so classy. :D

• Advertisement

In work. And what am I doing??

A poo. Yes that's right. Well done class. :D

Off to the "etiquette " thread with ya lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Walkies over. Cats fed. Mum & her friends dropped off for a day trip. Met Dad to help with his shopping. Now, in doctors for routine (hopefully) bloods. Hairdressers. Then breakfast. Have a great day all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

By the pool with coffee, last day in paradise, flying back tomorrow at 6:30am.

By the pool with coffee, last day in paradise, flying back tomorrow at 6:30am.

Flying IN at 6.30? You're in for a rude awakening with the weather :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

leahyl wrote: »
    Flying IN at 6.30? You're in for a rude awakening with the weather :D

No we leave at 6:30am , back paradise at 11:30 I think.

That's ok I like bad weather.................

*Cries into his pillow*

😛😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

smurfjed wrote: »
    Gotta love internet shopping, a few keys strokes and a boardsie gets something that will make her life easier, that is, if the courier finds her hidden island :)

Ah Smurf, you sweetheart.

Currently still in bed nursing this sore throat. I’m getting hungry though so I think a trip to the kitchen will be in order

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Currently still in bed nursing this sore throat. I’m getting hungry though so I think a trip to the kitchen will be in order

Uh I hate that when you have a sore throat but that doesn't mean you're not hungry :mad: Sooo painful to eat :( Hope you feel better soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have you tried Strepsils Kitty ?
    They're usually very good in soothing the throat .
    Apologies if you have tried them :)

That's made me think of Zubes ..
    Anyone remember them , throat lozenges ?
    In a little round tin , loved them .

Coffee here , safe flight tomorrow Seph .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Have you tried Strepsils Kitty ?
    They're usually very good in soothing the throat .
    Apologies if you have tried them :)

That's made me think of Zubes ..
    Anyone remember them , throat lozenges ?
    In a little round tin , loved them .

Coffee here , safe flight tomorrow Seph .

No Mam, I haven’t. I usually use Tyrozets but I don’t have any at the moment. Must get something today and see if that helps

No Mam, I haven’t. I usually use Tyrozets but I don’t have any at the moment. Must get something today and see if that helps

+1 for the Tyrozets.

If you're heading out, Difflam spray is good stuff, numbs the throat. Gargling warm salty water can also help. Feel better soon :)

• Advertisement

Outside playing with a beautiful kitty cat :3:3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside reading the local paper, got a good lot of outdoor chores done this morning in anticipation of the changing weather.
    leahyl wrote: »
    This evening is going to be an absolute washout and, frankly, I'm looking forward to it :D

I've no work tomorrow so hence no work commute, will be happily lying in my bed tomorrow morning listening to the rain pelting against the window :D

Out for a few pints tonight, an unusual occurrence of a Thursday night but there's a mate home from the States so meeting up with him and a couple of others

Kitty Kat had enough of sephers 😔 , so I'm back inside packing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty Kat had enough of sephers 😔 , so I'm back inside packing .

Kitty was afraid they'd end up in your bag

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my office on my computer, working on an academic paper that I am co-authoring and wishing I was outside in the lovely summer weather.

Consolation is that I'm off up to my uncle and aunt in Fermanagh tomorrow for the weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

In A&E, foot not getting any better. My word our health service is super strained. Really feel for nurses and doctors at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Home and starving, trying to decide between takeaway and cooking.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Kitty was afraid they'd end up in your bag

You know me to well tedo 😁

Takeaway , save me some please !

You know me to well tedo ðŸ˜

Takeaway , save me some please !

Sephers,we're being washed away here,make sure you pack a brolly or an ark, and try to fit some sunshine in the bag along with the kitty's.

Looking forward to tomorrow night and my favourite man 😎

• Advertisement

Takeaway , spoil yourself , you're worth it !

Sitting watching Fatal Vows , (beware Seph :D) , coffee in hand , don't think there's any blood in my veins at this point ..

Laptop decided to do an update while I was in the shower. It's taking FOREVER and has the cheek to tell me "it's gonna take a while"....well I oughta!!!....

Time for some wine I think.

Couchside after having pizza. Takeaway of course because why not :pac: (please someone make me eat the food we have at home instead)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just wrapping up at the tech desk. Batteries on charge. Mine and the equipment.:D All set for a couple of away days.

As promised last night I packed away all the garden gear, because it's just too much hassle cleaning, drying and fixing up things in this weather. A pain in the arse Summer if you put effort into the garden for get togethers. Outdoor bar is now an indoor bar, complete with lights and a nice pair of new bar stools. I've invested in Winter.:D

Didn't get the takeaway, I'll get it tomorrow instead.

Get your orders in now and we can make a night of it at Grandeeod's indoor outdoor bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just home now and it's started to rain so I think it's a night for tv and chatting with my favourite man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Starting to rain here now too. Got very dark too.

Bit of catch-up on programmes here is called for.

Ah Jaysus this laptop is still updating and I've had the chance to have a couple of glasses of wine. 'Tis gonna be a long night!!!
    Hope no one experiences a washout :)

Pizza and vino. Cue odd(er than usual) postings to follow ... Apologies all. It’s been a VERY long day!

honeybear wrote: »
    Pizza and vino. Cue odd(er than usual) postings to follow ... Apologies all. It’s been a VERY long day!

Don't worry "sister" I got your back *hiccup* :D

Is your electricity back ?
    I hope it is !

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Is your electricity back ?
    I hope it is !

It is Mam. Might be under threat tonight though. Hope, there’s no return of Peig!

It is Mam. Might be under threat tonight though. Hope, there’s no return of Peig!

Candles at the ready just in case !

Lying on my bed , gonna see if I can get a few hours kip, I doubt it though.

Didn't get the takeaway, .

I see....

OptimisticHairyAcornwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

😛

Sephers,we're being washed away here,make sure you pack a brolly or an ark, and try to fit some sunshine in the bag along with the kitty's.

Looking forward to tomorrow night and my favourite man ��

Ohhhh matron 😏😏😀

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Half in swimming pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Snuggled in bed with tea and a thunder-warning headache.

Watching treetops whipping in the wind.

Couch side wondering if I slept through most of August and all of September, it's suddenly very autumnal.

How the hell does one dress for this weather?

Couch side wondering if I slept through most of August and all of September, it's suddenly very autumnal.

How the hell does one dress for this weather?

I know right? I wore a light blouse and jeggings today, walked into town and had seriously underestimated how warm it actually was. That's why I prefer the cooler weather. Can actually dress for the season :rolleyes:

fmpisces wrote: »
    I know right? I wore a light blouse and jeggings today, walked into town and had seriously underestimated how warm it actually was. That's why I prefer the cooler weather. Can actually dress for the season :rolleyes:

It's a nightmare. Do you chance freezing your tits off in the morning in case it gets warm, or wear warmer clothes and hope you don't melt in a puddle of sweat later?

I don't know how I cope at all!ðŸ˜

It's a nightmare. Do you chance freezing your tits off in the morning in case it gets warm, or wear warmer clothes and hope you don't melt in a puddle of sweat later?

I don't know how I cope at all!ðŸ˜

I'd rather under-dress than over, I can't stand that sweaty feeling. I really don't want to know what the dreaded menopause feels like!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement