Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Haaaaaaaaa brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

fmpisces wrote: »
    It's times like this I feel old. I'm not "with it" when it comes to abbreviations. What's FYP please, anyone?!

Or if you’re a final year college student like me...final year project :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Leaba time here too, just waiting on Ted to carry me.

Night all, going to fondle young priests in my dreams!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Speaking of which...there was a fine looking one on Nationwide this evening. What a waste. God forgive me.:rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That's just sounds soooo wrong.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aroooo in the midnight hour

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aroooo in the midnight hour

Werewolf!!!!!!!

Calling quickbeam :pac:

Still wrecked , heading to bed 😴😴😴

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, debating on whether i should confront something, decisions, decisons

Hope it deosn't stop you sleeping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

On -my -way -home -side from a few hours of the laughter cure with old friends. And a couple of glasses of the falling down water. Not driving! :)

Obligatory weather update : mild and still with a slight junglish stickyness

RMAOK wrote: »
    That's just sounds soooo wrong.....

But feels soooooo right ... at least it would if I could sleep!

fmpicses, there's nowt like a hot priest to get things throbbing in the nethers. Ever watch Fleabag?

But feels soooooo right ... at least it would if I could sleep!

fmpicses, there's nowt like a hot priest to get things throbbing in the nethers. Ever watch Fleabag?

Ha ha, yet again this thread delivers; ye jogged my memory with all the hot priest refs :)
    Anyone else here old enough have watched (or come of age to) The Thorn Birds with the divine Fr Ralph?* Just did a quick youtube review and I'm like seriously, that's what they were feeding us back in the 80's? Is it any wonder :D He aged well though, so can't say my memory let me down there!!!

Poor old Meggie! Still remember pretending to be invisible so I'd get to watch that one from behind the couch.

*He was alright though wasn't he in fairness... :p

Bloody hell, thorn birds, well that's a name that hasn't come to mind in decades wow!

Bloody hell, thorn birds, well that's a name that hasn't come to mind in decades wow!
    So wrong :eek:
    Amazing - there would be mass protests if this was aired on mainstream TV today :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vIHnHEoFvI

I have an Irish cousin/relation... a priest... tad older now, but spitting image of the gorgeous Fr Ralph and I swear last time me and all my (female/gay) cousins from that era saw the poor man we literally fall over in stitches (at family funeral) :o

I only ever saw one young priest, he got some name for himself when he quoted Tina Turner in a sermon one sunday :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Walkies over. Cats fed. Taking my niece to a camogie final - I remember playing camogie for hours every day when I was younger. Used to love it. A trip down memory lane. Happy Saturday all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!!

Have a great day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...Big gorilla at the LA zoo snatched the glasses right off my face, took the keys to my BMW, left me here to take his place..

Morning all

Another grey and damp one 16C

Temp couchside with coffee, I may be texting my favourite woman :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

What is that?. Bloody hell it's pretty frightening and impressive looking.

An American built Apache Gunship. This is the sort of helicopter that Prince Harry flew in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Having left over Chinese food for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with coffee, rubbing my bleary eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Ha ha, yet again this thread delivers; ye jogged my memory with all the hot priest refs :)
    Anyone else here old enough have watched (or come of age to) The Thorn Birds with the divine Fr Ralph?* Just did a quick youtube review and I'm like seriously, that's what they were feeding us back in the 80's? Is it any wonder :D He aged well though, so can't say my memory let me down there!!!

Poor old Meggie! Still remember pretending to be invisible so I'd get to watch that one from behind the couch.

I LOVED that series!! Had to turn away or pretend I wasn't watching during the "dirty" bits so as not to corrupt my innocent little mind....

It is aired I'd say once a year anyway on the True Movies channel Cali_girl. I recorded it last time it was on, that and North and South.

fmpisces wrote: »
    Cali_girl wrote: »

I LOVED that series!! Had to turn away or pretend I wasn't watching during the "dirty" bits so as not to corrupt my innocent little mind....

It is aired I'd say once a year anyway on the True Movies channel Cali_girl. I recorded it last time it was on, that and North and South.
    Never got the love for Thornbirds. Now, the English version of North & South...my sister’s and I swoon over Mr. Thornton!!!

My brother and the baby are beside me watching some kids animation on Netflix, no idea what it is, but she is gurgling and squealing with delight every time there's an explosion. I remember when she was content with Peppa Pig.

Off to Dundrum soon. Best of luck to anyone else braving town or an indoor shopping centre today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In the kitchen having tea and toast. Errands have been run so I’m home and now in for the weekend! Afraid to move to the couch as I may not get up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Getting my hair did and they have offered me a foot massage and pedi while my colour sets. Poor boyfriend had to go to the pub to wait for me.

I should be working but had to get colour done. Am now doing 3 jobs in 3 timezones so to say am stressed is an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Listening to the rain here , and trying to remember what tv show the saying - Heavens to Murgatroid came from , help please !!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Listening to the rain here , and trying to remember what tv show the saying - Heavens to Murgatroid came from , help please !!

Snagglepuss!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Snagglepuss!

Thank you !!

It was really annoying me that I couldn't remember :o

In the kitchen having tea and toast. Errands have been run so I’m home and now in for the weekend! Afraid to move to the couch as I may not get up...

Go put your feet up poochie :pac:

• Advertisement

Morning all, enjoying the TV memories. Was anyone a fan of Jimmy and his magic flute or Forty Coats (with his 50 pockets)?

Jimmy and his magic flute

*sniggers*

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I am in the very in between stage of this and have made a fatal error of sitting down on the couch to figure out what to watch when I do finally sit down. Now, I may never arise. :pac:

*sniggers*

:pac::pac::pac:

Now, now get your mind out of the gutter. That never crossed my mind at all ...

Lol , as if :p

Morning all, enjoying the TV memories. Was anyone a fan of Jimmy and his magic flute or Forty Coats (with his 50 pockets)?

I remember a Jamie and his magic torch, but not Jimmy and his flute... but living on the east coast we had Welsh TV, so maybe we just missed it

My apologies 😔

😏😛

Heading up the village to buy white rolls.

I remember a Jamie and his magic torch, but not Jimmy and his flute... but living on the east coast we had Welsh TV, so maybe we just missed it

HR Puff'n'Stuff, he's there when thing get rough. You should see if it's on youtube, but I doubt it's aged well.

Weather is fabulous here today, Hope it continues!
    They are big into American cars here.... So off to watch hundreds of them drive past in some parade or other. A little while is OK..... All day is snore!! He loves them though.......

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Weather is fabulous here today, Hope it continues!
    They are big into American cars here.... So off to watch hundreds of them drive past in some parade or other. A little while is OK..... All day is snore!! He loves them though.......

The things we do for love eh!!!!!

I remember missing a lot of college watching afternoon reruns of Scarecrow & Mrs. King.

honeybear wrote: »
    I remember missing a lot of college watching afternoon reruns of Scarecrow & Mrs. King.

Ah yes, Bruce Boxleitner was gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sitting armchair-side feeling a little bit weak. I’m thinking that going to work today isn’t a good idea, but I’ve left it too late to call in sick so we’ll see how it goes

honeybear wrote: »
    Ah yes, Bruce Boxleitner was gorgeous!

Wooah I feel OLD!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Looking out at the sea towards rockabill lighthouse from me kitchen, we're having a brilliant thunderstorm up in North Co Dublin at the minute. Seen some fork lightening hitting the sea way out... F*ckin brilliant. Love a good storm

• Advertisement

Looking out at the sea towards rockabill lighthouse from me kitchen, we're having a brilliant thunderstorm up in North Co Dublin at the minute. Seen some fork lightening hitting the sea way out... F*ckin brilliant. Love a good storm

Savage. Had a great storm here 2 nights ago. Sheet lightning and clattering thunder. Nothing as spectacular as being by the sea for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Dank miserable weather out there today, currently kitchen side having a bit of lunch, going to head to the local for a few pints to watch this Dublin/Mayo saga, I'm a glutton for punishment but always hopeful Mayo will make the break through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Walking through the neighbours field of maize. SssShhh he doesn't know I'm here.

Just woke up feeling vicious and slightly nauseous :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just woke up feeling vicious and slightly nauseous :mad:

That’s me tomorrow morning, can’t wait :D

Hope you feel better now x

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement