Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just because orange works with chocolate (sometimes) does not mean one can invite other flavours willy nilly :mad:
    That’s exactly what I was thinking happened, someone thought orange works, so let’s try lemon... it’s really awful 🤢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Home , one baba asleep , the other happy playing , tis the little things in life that mean the most :)

Absolutely Mam! I actually miss when little G was about two/three. Especially in the evenings. She wanted a bed time story, believed everything I read her or even off the cuff. Almost overnight, it changed. Next stop for my yearnings are Grandad time.:D

Just because orange works with chocolate (sometimes) does not mean one can invite other flavours willy nilly :mad:

I had Chilli chocolate from Aldi last week. Tastes like dark chocolate as you eat and then BANG, you feel the heat. Brill!

EDIT: Have some left and just tried bit. Hot throat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Lying here wondering at what point will I have to call the cops on the neighbors next door. He’s roaring he needs an ambulance and she’s shouting threats at him. Been going on about fifteen mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Absolutely Mam! I actually miss when little G was about two/three. Especially in the evenings. She wanted a bed time story, believed everything I read her or even off the cuff. Almost overnight, it changed. Next stop for my yearnings are Grandad time.:D

Ah G , it's great , you'll love it !
    It's a whole new , other kind of love yet again , brilliant watching their personalities developing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Poochie05 wrote: »
    In the kitchen lamenting the lack of biscuits to go with the cuppa I’ve just made:(
    Someone gave me lemon favoured chocolate for my birthday and its rank, I like lemon, I like chocolate but it doesn’t work and I’m not THAT desperate :eek:

I dont get chilli chocolate, and I have some strange tastes in food...

Ah G , it's great , you'll love it !
    It's a whole new , other kind of love yet again , brilliant watching their personalities developing :)

Your right Mam. But she's still my little girl and I loved her first (as the song goes):D

With all the melodrama of life, I love embracing what you are experiencing tonight. Honest, real, happy and wholesome. As you said, the simple things are best. But I realise that its hard for others to have that or appreciate that.

4Ad wrote: »
    I dont get chilli chocolate, and I have some strange tastes in food...

I get your point. I wouldn't class it as an everyday treat, but it's a fun thing in the right setting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lying here wondering at what point will I have to call the cops on the neighbors next door. He’s roaring he needs an ambulance and she’s shouting threats at him. Been going on about fifteen mins.

Yell back that the ambo is on the way... (im taking no blame for what may ensue)

Your right Mam. But she's still my little girl and I loved her first (as the song goes):D

With all the melodrama of life, I love embracing what you are experiencing tonight. Honest, real, happy and wholesome. As you said, the simple things are best. But I realise that its hard for others to have that or appreciate that.

Ah G , I realise that too and didn't mean to offend or unintentionally hurt anyone with my posts , sorry if I did :(

• Advertisement

Ah G , I realise that too and didn't mean to offend or unintentionally hurt anyone with my posts , sorry if I did :(

Seriously Mam you couldn't offend a fly or hurt anyone here. I'm feeling all nice and fuzzy now. I have the daughter all snug in her PJs planning supper.:rolleyes: Mrs. G happy out and you most likely something similar. No early start in the morning either. Woo Hoo!

Please note: I have had nothing to drink bar skinny 7-up and the next drink will be milk and choco chip cookies.:D

Seriously Mam you couldn't offend a fly or hurt anyone here. I'm feeling all nice and fuzzy now. I have the daughter all snug in her PJs planning supper.:rolleyes: Mrs. G happy out and you most likely something similar. No early start in the morning either. Woo Hoo!

Please note: I have had nothing to drink bar skinny 7-up and the next drink will be milk and choco chip cookies.:D

Ha brilliant :D
    Just getting sorted here now , one eating toast , the other due to wake soon .

Early start here in the morning though aaargh :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Now why in the heckin heck am i sneezing :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Air traffic control would only allow this flight take off if he flew at 8000 feet rather than 38000 due to weather and traffic avoiding it.

So I was sitting here like a Cheshire Cat with my IPAD and an aviation map watching the country as we fly by.

Now climbing to 30’000 feet again so fun over 😀

Just fed a gang including my mam and dad and the teens girlfriend for dinner,great banter analysing tha All Ireland,women referees ,camogie players etc,when my parents were leaving my dad was shuffling around and then put 20e in my pocket unseen by anyone and whispered "for your birthday ".....Its not a huge amount but I'm delighted he even remembered it ,there is a bond between us that is just so lovely, I can really see them aging recently and I appreciate having them so much...I am having a glass of wine btw and I've put the heating on,it's lovely lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Caught rotten. Honeybear hugs are not easily given. Went down to get my coffee fix and my lovely elderly neighbour had to get his visiting hug - he always has a reason. This time it’s a hug because Tipp won the All Ireland. The thing is ... he’s from Galway!

Some nice vibes here tonight. I'm gonna check on little G and Mrs G now. Then it's a big glass of Bainne and some decent chocolate chip cookies. Sounds very American, but I'll be watching a very British made Irish film with great views of late 1950s Dublin.

Oiche Mhait a daoine.

Night G.

Deskside trying not to be groggy..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Couch side with cuppa tea and a french fancy haven’t had one in ages:) good day here too little bird started walking :):) so cute

• Advertisement

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Couch side with cuppa tea and a french fancy haven’t had one in ages:) good day here too little bird started walking :):) so cute

Awww!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside listening to ghost stories 👻
    Just fed a gang including my mam and dad and the teens girlfriend for dinner,great banter analysing tha All Ireland,women referees ,camogie players etc,when my parents were leaving my dad was shuffling around and then put 20e in my pocket unseen by anyone and whispered "for your birthday ".....Its not a huge amount but I'm delighted he even remembered it ,there is a bond between us that is just so lovely, I can really see them aging recently and I appreciate having them so much...I am having a glass of wine btw and I've put the heating on,it's lovely lol.

Woah there.....when was your birthday ? today ? 🤔🤔

Deskside listening to ghost stories 👻

Woah there.....when was your birthday ? today ? 🀔🀔

No,recently, I try to pretend they're not happening lol.

On the couch, shattered, is it Friday yet?

For me tomorrow is friday.. CANNOT wait 9.5 hours to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside chatting with my favourite man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grem you seem to work awful hours, I don't know how you do it. :(

Couchside but my bed is calling, night wherers!

• Advertisement

Glitchity witchity ..

Bed , time to set the alarm for the morning and hopefully get some sleep before it goes off !

Night Legend and Mam :)

In bed watching call the midwife, can’t cope, too emosh

Night Legend and Mam :)

Ah Grem ,I'll be fluting around the place here for a bit yet I think :)
    Work busy tonight or will you get a bit of a break ?

Hitting the hay. Night All!

• Advertisement

Night legend night honeybear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night John boy

Night Mary Ellen :D

Bedside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

In bed with a rotten cold, one of those inhalers wedged up my nostrils trying to clear the airways :(
    At least I'm off work tomorrow so can try come right, I struggled a bit today.

To thine own self be true

Mam work is grand really..

Purple i hope you shift that cold it's awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Poor purple, hate that.

Shoes, sorry to hear the docs frightened you. Hope your new treatment plan helps. X

Mam, I can't wait to be a grandmother but am hoping my boys don't rush either. Eldest finished his masters this week and youngest going into final year of his degree so I hope they get a bit of a career on track first.

Their dad dropped out of college when I got pregnant and my career plans got put on hold for many years, in fact never got to fulfill my potential really and had to work in jobs I hated just to raise them.

So I want them to be more established, then bring on the babbies and I will move back to Europe, probably Spain or Portugal to be nearer them.

Currently lying on the bed not wanting to go into the kitchen coz my weirdo boyfriend is cooking chicken for his breakfast at 8.45 am. Boke.

Hmm, i've eaten all sorts for breakfast but that sounded wrong and i don't even know what exactly type chicken it is!!

Sun starting to poke through the clouds, will get rid of the grey soon hopefully.
    So, will start the day off energetically & go for a cycle.
    I have a camera I bought last year & don't know where to start with it, so maybe today is the day.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hmm, i've eaten all sorts for breakfast but that sounded wrong and i don't even know what exactly type chicken it is!!

Deep fried chicken wings. The savage.

Malays eat weird stuff for breakfast. Like rice and seafood.

I suppose I sometimes have spuds fried or as hash browns.

Anyho, working my ass off for hours, think will have a shower and grab some lunch before getting back to it.

Nearly home time and off tonight yee haw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Night Grem and morning all. Wednesday - I can almost smell the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....Put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone and let's pretend that we're together all alone...

Morning all

It's sunny with thin cloud 11C

Kitchenside with coffee, looking forward :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Enjoying Crowded House's AH morning serenade :) before taking off.

Happy Wednesday all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning all.
    Time for a quick coffee then it’s off adulting for another day.

CH what's that readout from?. You have a weather station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Yes Grem I have a weather station...just in case people thought I was making it up :D

This one - https://www.davisinstruments.com/solution/vantage-vue/

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hey all.

Bleary eyed at coal face.

Can I have a shot of rocket fuel in my coffee.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Hey all.

Bleary eyed at coal face.

Can I have a shot of rocket fuel in my coffee.

How about boost Rock shandy?. My new favourite aid to remain conscious after hour sixty.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On a bus to Heuston Station to catch a train to Galway - off the the Aran Islands for a couple of days! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

How about boost Rock shandy?. My new favourite aid to remain conscious after hour sixty.

Haven't had it in years. I think I was actually under the weather at the time.

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    On a bus to Heuston Station to catch a train to Galway - off the the Aran Islands for a couple of days! :)

Bar today I think you'll have pretty nice weather for it, enjoy! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement