Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Feeling very stressed and upset. Why when I am finally happy in life does it have to kick me in the teeth? Ugh.

A bit of a moan because I have to move back to Europe to take care of a family member for a while. I had hoped to enjoy at least another month in KL and was thinking of coming back over after my family gathering in October but its likely I will be stuck in Ireland or the UK until January.

I hate the thoughts of it. I hate that I am once again putting my life on hold for others but family is the most important thing.

Rant over and am going to bed. Night all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Waiting on kick off in the ultimate crisp semi final.

Good luck Tayto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Pretzill wrote: »
    Donkey's are great and they love company. They can be a little loud especially when looking for food.

I'm trying and autumn clean out on my wardrobes and presses. This is a pain. I end up with clothes everywhere, piled up on chairs, all over the floor and I feel like throwing all my clothes out. This might sound like a wasteful thing to do but I just seem to hoard clothes going back...I mean I found a twenty year old tee-shirt and I hold onto jackets and coats until the come back into fashion twice. Most of the clothes have seen better days anyway. So I'm debating whether to throw everything out and start with a smaller better formed collection.

The only problem is if I look at them too long, I'll remember that my mam bought me that jumper or my sister gave me that Bowie tee-shirt and before I know where I am all the clothes will be neatly folded back into the places they crawled out of...:o

Keep enough so can actually get dressed and get rid of the rest immediately.

Think about what you want to buy then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all. Refused to open my eyes mostly until now.

Witchie hopefully it's a pause, and sure we'll have to have a meet up too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Doing over time as I need this weekend free of annoying emails, last min changes to jobs and general arseholery from those in charge with no lives. I'm even kicking the family to touch. Its All Ireland weekend.:D

Thinking of dinner now. Knives out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Frikken glitch.. Tea and peaky blinders time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

honeybear wrote: »
    Oh oh! Brought my pet pooch down to see the house. She’s yappy and I’ve now discovered there’s a donkey next door as the two animals were “talking” to each other (VERY loudly)

Congrats on the new abode :)

Never known dogs and donkies to not get on once they know each other

Will the ducks be joining you ?

p.s. Kevin 2nite 21:00Hrs on CH 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    ....Thinking of dinner now. Knives out!

Good work getting some decent knives

The only knives here worth a damn are 40+ yo Sabatiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Pretzill wrote: »
    Donkey's are great and they love company. They can be a little loud especially when looking for food.

I'm trying and autumn clean out on my wardrobes and presses. This is a pain. I end up with clothes everywhere, piled up on chairs, all over the floor and I feel like throwing all my clothes out. This might sound like a wasteful thing to do but I just seem to hoard clothes going back...I mean I found a twenty year old tee-shirt and I hold onto jackets and coats until the come back into fashion twice. Most of the clothes have seen better days anyway. So I'm debating whether to throw everything out and start with a smaller better formed collection.

The only problem is if I look at them too long, I'll remember that my mam bought me that jumper or my sister gave me that Bowie tee-shirt and before I know where I am all the clothes will be neatly folded back into the places they crawled out of...:o

Give me an hour and I'll sort it. I am ruthless with clutter and recycle as much as possible.

Seriously, only keep what you will actually use and if it hasn't seen the light for a year then you don't need it.

Then only buy something new if you are willing to part with an existing garment. None of us have wardrobe space for sentiment in our little modern houses.

Charity shops will take clean worn garments for recycling. They get paid by the weight. Just label the bag so they aren't expecting shop stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside relaxing after a busy few days overtime at the coalface, looking forward to an easy end of week and out of there early on Friday. Jeez it's like a Winter's evening out there, went for a stroll up the lane when I got home from work and had to leg it home at speed when an epic shower of rain hit all of a sudden.

• Advertisement

Couchside, admitting my new painting. My sister did if for me, and I LOVE it. Apart from that I'm exhausted for some reason. I guess it's because I'm back in the gym after a very lazy summer :o

Honeybear, congratulations. Hope you have years of happiness there. Glad you're making friends with the neighbours already :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Auto had a great adventure today :)

Now currently between hospital, car and heading home

Autosport wrote: »
    Auto had a great adventure today :)

Great-great or great-I-survived-it Auto?

Tech desk closed. Girls fed on mash, peas, turnip and chicken fillets with gravy. I prepared a nice stuffed pork chop for myself. Having that in a bit with the aforementioned.:D A well deserved beer first!

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Great-great or great-I-survived-it Auto?

Definitely the first one :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside annoyed with python and it's indentation rules , I think I'll stick with Java :rolleyes:.

honeybear wrote: »
    Oh oh! Brought my pet pooch down to see the house. She’s yappy and I’ve now discovered there’s a donkey next door as the two animals were “talking” to each other (VERY loudly)

Don't forget to bring the cats now honey bear 🐈 😃.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch, somehow both tired and restless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Headed for the leaba. Been awake since 5

0lddog wrote: »
    Good work getting some decent knives

The only knives here worth a damn are 40+ yo Sabatiers

I needed new knives badly. Sabatier last forever. Yours are probably my age.:D

Liking my new set. So far they are doing the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good Morning all, my last day in Savannah, departing tomorrow, (I hope)

I spoke too soon..... not going anywhere, so its time for a beer:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just home , that was one long ass tough day , shattered , quarter pounder , chips and sausages arriving very soon !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Just home , that was one long ass tough day , shattered , quarter pounder , chips and sausages arriving very soon !

The grub of Gods and a meal for two!

Back to school tomorrow. Thank feck for that! Little G is in for some shock in the morning.:D

Deskside annoyed with python and it's indentation rules ,......

LOL !

A 'high level' language of 50 odd years ago was LISP. We used to reckon it meant Lots of Irritating Silly Parentheses

Sound like not much new when it comes to programming languages

( except for OOP :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Congrats on the new abode :)

Never known dogs and donkies to not get on once they know each other

Will the ducks be joining you ?

p.s. Kevin 2nite 21:00Hrs on CH 4

Thank you for the good wishes & heads up re my man!

The grub of Gods and a meal for two!

Back to school tomorrow. Thank feck for that! Little G is in for some shock in the morning.:D

I'll probably end up leaving some of it tbh , but you know what it's like when you're starving , you end up ordering too much food :D

Aw , hope first day back goes well for little G :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LOL !

A 'high level' language of 50 odd years ago was LISP. We used to reckon it meant Lots of Irritating Silly Parentheses

Sound like not much new when it comes to programming languages

( except for OOP :D )

Well at least with Java and c# they use curly braces so you what's on going on and where a method starts and finishes or a loop, I had to Google lisp 😛.

I'll probably end up leaving some of it tbh , but you know what it's like when you're starving , you end up ordering too much food :D

Give it here mam.....I'll find a good home for it .....

*Taps belly*

😛😛

Secondary school next year.:eek:

Tomorrow is easy for her Mam.....I hope!

Don't forget to vote for Tayto cheese and onion :)

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »

Night Poochie!

Autosport wrote: »
    Don't forget to vote for Tayto cheese and onion :)

i think you mean bacon fries

bluewolf wrote: »
    i think you mean cheese and onion

:D

Poochie05 wrote: »

Sweet dreams poochie.

Secondary school next year.:eek:

Tomorrow is easy for her Mam.....I hope!

Ah , exciting year ahead for her G , confirmation , deciding what school to go to , lot's of changes next year , time flies around !

Seph , lots of chips left , burger was **** , over cooked , sausages were fine though :)

gis a chip there mam

• Advertisement

gis a chip there mam

No problem Bluewolf .

Seph , stop hogging the chips , mam says share :D

Ah , exciting year ahead for her G , confirmation , deciding what school to go to , lot's of changes next year , time flies around !

Seph , lots of chips left , burger was **** , over cooked , sausages were fine though :)

Typical Wednesday night takeaway. They don't give a fook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couch side watching Superbad. I have never liked this film but have watched it a bunch of times! I can’t explain this sheer lack of logic.

Crisp thread is bananas still I see. Voted Tayto all the same :D

gis a chip there mam

No mine!

*slaps hand away*

Typical Wednesday night takeaway. They don't give a fook!

I wouldn't mind but it's one of the places that I sometimes deliver for , won't buy from there again tbh G .

In bed , not sleepy just resting me bones as my mother used to say :)

• Advertisement

No mine!

*slaps head away*

Ok , you're on the bad list now Seph .

Tut tut , disappointed in you ...

Ok , you're on the bad list now Seph .

Tut tut , disappointed in you ...

Sorry mam I meant hand.

Sorry mam I meant hand.

And I meant for not sharing !

I'm away to the leabha!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch after a busy day. Was meant to be off until Friday but I was asked to work tomorrow so I said I would. Could do with the money after holidays :o

Have just watched the newest episode of Power, glad to have it back

Delighted that Tayto won the comp :)

Now couchside relaxing :)

And I meant for not sharing !

Sorry mam 😔

Went to the pub and missed the chips! :(

I'm away to the leabha!:D

Codladh sàmh!

Went to the pub and missed the chips! :(

It's ok , the next night I'm just going to get onion rings out of the one chipper in the whole town that cooks them right , you'll love them !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement