Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

stressful meeting done, :pac: happpppyyyyy weekend y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Sat on the couch, sipping some of Olans tart
    ;)

As you're sipping Erik I presume that's, a beverage of some sort, what is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

As you're sipping Erik I presume that's, a beverage of some sort, what is it?

It's very nice..and very drinkable on a warm evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home, watching Netflix. No attention span for anything tonight.

Tonight is the first night of the "weaning off the meds" experiment and I can't tell if the slight anxiety is because I know I've taken less or because I've taken less... If that makes any sense? Anyway, trying to distract myself by watching telly but it's not working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Finished at the tech desk. A few early beers, not many though as I'm on the road tomorrow, but not too early. Have to satisfy the breath test.:D Chinese takeaway in a bit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At the coalface being grumpy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My head cold is not stopping my pizza & vino night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bedside, wrecked. Was meant to be away from the coal face today but spent most of the day checking in at the coal face, probably doing more than I would have had I been there!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    My head cold is not stopping my pizza & vino & mccloud night!

Fixed that for ya ;):pac:

Fixed that for ya ;):pac:

It’s a little embarrassing to admit, but ... I think I’ve watched all his shows x 5 (at least!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Smokey and The Bandit is on ITV4 tonight .

Yes , I know it's a classic , but am disappointed somehow .

Will watch CI or ID channels tonight (suits my humour :D)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    It’s a little embarrassing to admit, but ... I think I’ve watched all his shows x 5 (at least!)

Nothing to be embarrassed about.............those Kevin lads sure are charming fellows 😀😛.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

No rambo tonight mam? sad we won't have any gif from mzungu :( :pac:

No Rambo :(

Although I do think a gif will appear to cheer us up !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

tumblr_penkc3kj0d1wzvt9qo1_400.gif

That time again! Jaysus, the weeks are flying by. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Oh ye of little faith!! :D

No Rambo :(

Although I do think a gif will appear to cheer us up !
    Seph, take note.

The above is the kind of faith you need! :p

mzungu wrote: »
    tumblr_penkc3kj0d1wzvt9qo1_400.gif

That time again! Jaysus, the weeks are flying by. :D

Dammit , I put the film back on now after seeing the gif :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Smokey and the bandit is an absolute classic!

Kitchen table. Eating the takeaway. Bed and a read next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So I just accepted a job in India (I hate India) where I won't get paid. But I do get to save babies lives and link up with the Gates foundation.

Sweet jeebus what have I done?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Witchie wrote: »
    So I just accepted a job in India (I hate India) where I won't get paid. But I do get to save babies lives and link up with the Gates foundation.

Since you've put it out there....I would strongly recommend you rethink this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I second Erik, seems like a major shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Witchie wrote: »

HA AHAHAHAHAAAAAAa :pac:

In bed playing Spot The Re-Reg. I'm very bad at it.

That would be some adventure Witchie. If you go for it the best of luck but think carefully. You seem happy in KL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Finally at my personal laptop again after working from home for today. That new job is turning out to be quite an "experience"...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

thomil wrote: »
    Finally at my personal laptop again after working from home for today. That new job is turning out to be quite an "experience"...

I spy a story or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I have actually failed to understand what the original objective of this thread was.

I'm home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

I spy a story or two!

Not really. It's just that the culture difference between my previous employer and this one is about as wide as the gap between the orbits of Earth & Mars. I feel like I may have overplayed my hand by applying to this particular job. Sounded interesting on paper though.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I have actually failed to understand what the original objective of this thread was.

I'm home.

This must be the most positive thread on Boards. Everyone is sooh lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I am the eye of a toe. ;)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

I am the eye of a toe. ;)

Lol :D

Bed , not bedside but in the bed !

Twas shocking quiet in here tonight , busy people :)

I'm having weird visions of a big toe blinking Mam

I'm having weird visions of a big toe blinking Mam

If I dream about flashing big toes tonight , I'll be after you Grem :p

Blame Bodhrandude Mam!!!

Blame Bodhrandude Mam!!!

I thought it was a funny , but random post !
    Nah , you're safe Grem :)

Had one of those sleeps where I woke absolutely sure I had had a full night's sleep only to realise it's only half 12.

Now I'm wondering is it safe to drink from the half finished open can of 7up I left beside the bed? You heard it here first, if I'm dead in the morning ye will all know why!

Was it opened in the last few hours or 1998?. :P It'll be flat anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch, absolutely wrecked. Spent 10 and a half hours at work, so excited to do it all again tomorrow :rolleyes:

Was it opened in the last few hours or 1998?. :P It'll be flat anyway..

I couldn't see any dead spiders floating in it so gave it a go! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

TG1 wrote: »
    Had one of those sleeps where I woke absolutely sure I had had a full night's sleep only to realise it's only half 12.

Now I'm wondering is it safe to drink from the half finished open can of 7up I left beside the bed? You heard it here first, if I'm dead in the morning ye will all know why!

Flat seven up sorts your stomach out. You might have a banging head though.

TG, we await the coming mutation with interest :P

Time for a cuppa here, get yer orders in :)

Bedside with a roll

White roll?.

Suppin tae, reviewing paperwork etc.

In the bed. Another late one again, this needs to stop

Not easy when you have to take time to wind down after work.. Hope you sleep soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

Bent and precisely hooked over a table trying to solder two wires onto my old broken left ear-ear-phone internal circuit wearing my wrong eye-glasses of which I can see blurriness around looking for my proper glasses while my left foot is stuck to a small bottle of superglue on the carpet :)

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

That sounds sorta comical, sorry!

Not easy when you have to take time to wind down after work.. Hope you sleep soon..

That’s the issue with late shifts. Wouldn’t have been as bad if I had gotten out at 11 like I was supposed to. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get out on time and won’t be up so late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In bed a tad hungover but very excited about my new adventure in India. Seems Bangalore is an amazing city so I might not hate it. Also since it is only a 3, possibly 6 month contract and I will be able to work remotely done of the time, I won't be leaving KL behind completely. Keeping my boyfriend and apartment here.

So a drastic and exciting change but not a permanent one.

Preventing premature and low weight babies dying is more important than any comforts I may miss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement