Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

branie2 wrote: »
    Watching The Crying Game on RTE 2

Have it on record, but I know the ending,:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Have it on record, but I know the ending,:eek:

Didn't stop people watching Titanic :P :pac:

Did they not screen it in the Ould Ormonde??? Saw a few movies there.:D
    No idea - most likely. But where's the fun in that to a lunatic 17 year old in possession of the key to a new MKII(?) Golf!

Now you're getting me thinking about the late night screenings they used to have - like 11 or midnight? Remember seeing Kevin Costner as Robin Hood there around the same time and Silence of the Lambs both followed by chips in Aprilles and long walks home!

branie2 wrote: »
    Watching The Crying Game on RTE 2

Just loved that movie, was such a big deal at the time. Sigh.
    Nostalgia-side :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Haven't seen The Crying Game in years. Good movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, dying with the flu. Luckily have plenty of lemsips and coughdrops.
    Later Lads

Cali_girl wrote: »
    No idea - most likely. But where's the fun in that to a lunatic 17 year old in possession of the key to a new MKII(?) Golf!

Now you're getting me thinking about the late night screenings they used to have - like 11 or midnight? Remember seeing Kevin Costner as Robin Hood there around the same time and Silence of the Lambs both followed by chips in Aprilles and long walks home!

Aprilles Grill! I worked in Xtravision up on Kilmacud road beside the pub. Always grabbed my takeaway in Aprilles on the way back to my flat in Cabinteely! Often detoured to Hollywood nights!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

votecounts wrote: »
    Bedside, dying with the flu. Luckily have plenty of lemsips and coughdrops.
    Later Lads

Feel better soon

Aprilles Grill! I worked in Xtravision up on Kilmacud road beside the pub. Always grabbed my takeaway in Aprilles on the way back to my flat in Cabinteely! Often detoured to Hollywood nights!

Hilarious, Hollywood Nights was where it was at back then :P
    We used to also hang out in that pub in the Montrose hotel - Fitzsomethings? as well as Deerpark and then also the Mad Hatter and The Purty. But my video store was in Blackrock - opposite the library. I remember they even used to have an old Betamax shelf!

• Advertisement

Hilarious, Hollywood Nights was where it was at back then :P
    We used to also hang out in that pub in the Montrose hotel - Fitzsomethings? as well as Deerpark and then also the Mad Hatter and The Purty. But my video store was in Blackrock - opposite the library. I remember they even used to have an old Betamax shelf!

I remember the Deerpark and Purty. Do you remember the Pirates Den under DL shopping centre? I hope ya don't.:D

I remember the Deerpark and Purty. Do you remember the Pirates Den under DL shopping centre? I hope ya don't.:D

Ha! Nope (honest)
    Was that the dodge place with an entrance on Marine Road?

Ha! Nope (honest)
    Was that the dodge place with an entrance on Marine Road?

Yup! I played in a band in there, Dingy kip.:D Drummer.:eek: Not from that area, but spent my college days around it. Art College. Bakers Corner was my spot.:D

Grandeeod, pretty sure we crossed paths!
    There were a lot of great (90's) party houses out that way too, between Monkstown and Sandycove/Dalkey. Dublin was a different country back then. That scene was all about the 'Roses, Happy Mondays, John Squire was the real hero and Shaun Ryder the messiah :P
    Something Happens, yer man from Cactus World News and Glen Hansard were all knocking about the area then, shower of lunatics all :D

EDIT: sorry all. Told ye - nostalgia side. Blame Grandeeod for distracting me from 2019

Grandeeod, pretty sure we crossed paths!
    There were a lot of great (90's) party houses out that way too, between Monkstown and Sandycove/Dalkey. Dublin was a different country back then. That scene was all about the 'Roses, Happy Mondays, John Squire was the real hero and Shaun Ryder the messiah :P
    Something Happens, yer man from Cactus World News and Glen Hansard were all knocking about the area then, shower of lunatics all :D

EDIT: sorry all. Told ye - nostalgia side. Blame Grandeeod for distracting me from 2019

Sorry!:D
    It was nice though:D

Normal service can resume!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It has been years and years since i saw that movie. I remember being gobsmacked by the special effects

I saw it as a play and it scared the bejaysus out of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry!:D
    It was nice though:D

Normal service can resume!

Ye should continue reminiscing , it's nice to find someone else who knows exactly where the places ye remember are :)

Kitchen , where else :D

And that was one way to stop the thread ... :o

Heading to bed and trawl Netflix for something interesting to watch :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Lying on the couch, trying to work up the energy to go to bed.

How was Terminator?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I was informed that The Alienist is supposed to be very good and it’s based around the time of Jack the Ripper :)

Bedside

Night all :)

• Advertisement

How was Terminator?.

Great Grem !

Funny how you can forget how good a film really is when you haven't watched it in years :)

Thanks Auto , will look that one up !

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Oops sorry Mam of 4, moved bedside for some 90's themed dreams! When we were young... :D
    Night all :)

Still haven't found out where Seph's book was based either!. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still haven't found out where Seph's book was based either!. :pac:

Outside london 😝

Aww yay the fox is around tonight, off i potter with some dog food..

Boo, I kill thread?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Your punishment is to make us all tea and breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Up and at em. Today is a big day, going to be a great day.
    But starting it off in bed with coffee and juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Only Fools and Horses on RTE 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!

Kitchenside getting ready to go to the coalface

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Porridge and tea before heading to parkrun 5k.

Carry on film on tellybox.

I'll have breakfast ready for after your run Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Coffee time.
    First time since Xmas we have all our gang at home together this weekend.
    Cattle walk in company today, running a bit late as we sat talking till near 2 this morning.
    I'll try to make use of the bit of extra help today.

Going to be a great day..... Road trip time, reminds me of weekends we spent together when we were living in the Balkans. Somewhere different every weekend.
    & the sun is shining :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....Well just look at that girl with the lights coming up in her eyes, she's got to be somebody's baby...

Morning all,

Dull and a bit of drizzle atm 11C

Great match last night and absolutely nothing planned for the day :)

Couchside with coffee

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

First Saturday in a long time with nothing planned. Still in the bed.

Gonna get up in a few and go get a jambon and a coffee. Then I have a whole day of possibilities ahead of me. (Or more likely a whole day of duvet, chocolate and Netflix... :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ended up at party last night and wasn't home until 02.45 so I foresee a quiet day today. Going for a walk first.

Had coffee and madeira cake(with butter) and back in bed, listening to 4fm,I've 30mins before I've to get up and go to the hairdressers, then I'm going to treat myself to a few purchases, and might head out for a few tonight.
    Have a good day lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Breakfast done and dusted. Playback on Radio 1 is over which can only mean one thing....

heading for a cycle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair-side, thinking of what to do for the day. Have my tan done for the communion tomorrow, wanna get my nails done and I need to go get a top to wear tomorrow, and a few bits for dinner. But right now I’m comfy and don’t wanna move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sun has broken through, time to head to the garden with my first cup of tea of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just about hanging together after rehearsals. Hungover City, population Witchie.

Went for a few quiet ones after work yesterday. 12 hours later we stopped drinking.

On our way to an all night bar found a random guy lying drunk on the footpath. After much cajoling and threats of calling the police or an ambulance, we managed to get him into a cab. He was Irish, from Limerick. Hope he is ok.

Going to my local supermarket for supplies, i.e. french bread and cheese then home to sleep until Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Busy trying to redesign our Dublin house for renovation without giving the builder too much scope to massively change the original quote.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Tesco Liffey Valley (#11)

• Advertisement

Sitting with a coffee and brown soda bread and jam , watching the dark clouds roll in .

Think the coffee and bread are enjoying the view. ..

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In dunnes shopping with mammy :o

She's eyeing up the Lyons teabags "oohh they would lovely for a change" 😩

In dunnes shopping with mammy :o

She's eyeing up the Lyons teabags "oohh they would lovely for a change" 😩

Mammy knows best Seph ;)

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Going to take the dogs for a walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching Percy the Park Keeper with a couple of the grandchildren.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement