Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autosport wrote: »
    School started at 9 but school bus collected us at 7, even now we have no public transport.

Some people in my school were similar - I was lucky as I was one of the last to be picked up by the bus. Which meant I had a short trip and didn't have much time waiting around for school to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

RMAOK wrote: »
    Some people in my school were similar - I was lucky as I was one of the last to be picked up by the bus. Which meant I had a short trip and didn't have much time waiting around for school to start.

Loved the days the bus broke down :D

Did ye get out and push?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

RMAOK wrote: »
    Did ye get out and push?

Got out and fetched the tractor to tow it was more our style :)

Ours too, actually. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Massey is classy, zetor is better so the old rhyme went :pac:

Not at all, we walked to school through the fields and might have taken our time getting there :D no one could find us in the fields :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bed , not bed side , in the bed :D
    Watching Girls Incarcerated on Netflix , realised The Casketeers Season 2 is on it now also .
    Worth a watch , funny , sad , moving series about a family run Funeral Home .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting on my balcony enjoying a Nespresso, mutt super excited with his treats but is now out for his morning walk.

Fitbit shows that I did 750 steps from the airplane seat to my balcony seat, spoilt, totally spoilt :) (That includes, getting off the plane, collecting my luggage, going to immigration and customs, going to flight dispatch and then to my truck)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »
    16°C outside as I walked the south bank...... freezing.

I hear ya. It's only 22 here this morning considering going back upstairs for a jacket before I head to work.

Oh and I am getting a dress made for the wedding. That was my plan all along but was looking for a dressmaker and material on Saturday. Am so excited. I go back next Saturday for a fitting I hope it's not a dog's dinner. Have some back up plans lingering in an ASOS basket just in case.

Sitting in the dinning room of my new hotel. Had to move from my lovely one yesterday as it was booked up and too expensive. The food there was amazing. Had my dinner here last night and it was meh

Breakkie is crap too. All I could have was 2 slices of too sweet toast and a coffee. The coffee is good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Honey I’m lost too and I grew up in the 90’s

try having grown up in the 40s.. a different and kinder world

The kids here had to brave rough seas to get to school at one stage.

snug abed after a long and lovely early amble with all five cats. So utterly quiet here,, sheer bliss... mmmmmm! nothing afoot at all all the day long.. just knitting, eating, watching youtube... pottering in the garden when enough breeze comes to disperse the midges..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...Bob Dylan said times are changing but I know they never will, oh me heart is livin' in the 60's still...:D

Morning all,

Kinda like myself the sun is breaking through and it's 15C :)

Kitchen with coffee and never fed begging dogs :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!!

• Advertisement

Home trundle time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Graces7 wrote: »
    try having grown up in the 40s.. a different and kinder world
    The kids here had to brave rough seas to get to school at one stage.
    snug abed after a long and lovely early amble with all five cats. So utterly quiet here,, sheer bliss... mmmmmm! nothing afoot at all all the day long.. just knitting, eating, watching youtube... pottering in the garden when enough breeze comes to disperse the midges..

Mod

Graces7, you are still thread banned from this thread. Please do not post in it again. Thanks.

Early walk today, because I'm going to the airport.....
    Collecting boyfriend, he is here for a week :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside watching bf play the new CTR. Cup of tea in hand, waiting for my turn :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading out with a neighbour on a "nature walk".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just got up and had a shower in my hotel room just outside Oxford. Off to breakfast now. Visiting the splendid Blenheim Palace with my OH today! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Work. Send help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Wow Graces7 didn't last long, what did our octogenarian do this time :)

Sofa, relaxing. Mutt doesn't agree with me staying in bed all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'd never heard of Whipping Boy until my wife's friend wanted to see them and we got tickets and went along. I enjoyed the music, especially We Don't Need Nobody Else. I didn't realise they were famous though until ye mentioned them here. It was probably 2012 when I saw them. I was born in 88 so maybe was too young.

On the couch under a blanket contemplating lunch and how good things are for me right now. I feel very lucky.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Wow Graces7 didn't last long, what did our octogenarian do this time :)

Sofa, relaxing. Mutt doesn't agree with me staying in bed all day.

Still banned from the last time was my interpretation of it.

Homeside in Tipp, waiting for a part for my car to come in so I can finally go and NCT it.

Doing a bit of gardening after a very successful morning.

Lots of crops ready for harvesting and a dinner with homegrown spuds and veg just spells summer for me.

Ooh homegrown spuds. Drool.

After another broken sleep :( still, one night to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd a terrible nights sleep last night, Kitler (my cat) was in a playful mood all night and wouldn't leave me alone.

Heading to the beach with Richo in a minute, I'll try get a photo :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Laundry

Gardenside having a giggle with a great friend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Gardenside having a giggle with a great friend :)

A good friend is a blessing that's for sure Auto

Meanwhile kitchenside wondering why the floors are dirty..:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

A good friend is a blessing that's for sure Auto

Awww!

I'd a terrible nights sleep last night, Kitler (my cat) was in a playful mood all night and wouldn't leave me alone.

Heading to the beach with Richo in a minute, I'll try get a photo :D

Wait, have we ever had a pic of Kitler??

It's probably aliens. 👽

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside bout to swim

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Couchside watching the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Sitting in waiting room, chilled, need sleep, no patience. C'mon time, pass!

TV and chocolate night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just slipped into nice blue shorts as it's nice and warm outside. Shorts and flip-flops :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heading out to shut in Dippy & Dappy

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Sitting in waiting room, chilled, need sleep, no patience. C'mon time, pass!

You ok Deja ?
    Hope time goes quickly by for you .

Home , in for the night , arms torn asunder but on a positive note , lots of unwanted weeds and briars gone today !

Hope everything is ok Deja :)

Now couchside and thinking someone is some kind of wonderful :)

Hope everything is ok Deja :)

Now couchside and thinking someone is some kind of wonderful :)

Enjoy Auto :)

Lying on the bed, wrecked. Came home to find a magpie in the bedroom. Spent the evening changing bed linen and cleaning up bird ****e.

Thankfully after much flying at the wrong bit, it went out the window. Not sure how it got in, was blaming the cat but magpie is bigger than her and there would be more feathers around if there had been a struggle and it didn’t seem injured at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Was there any open windows?
    Could have came down chimney.

Reminds me of the time a pigeon did the same visit here a couple of years ago. Left his calling card everywhere.

Just slipped under the duvet, here's hoping for a better nights sleep.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Was there any open windows?
    Could have came down chimney.

Reminds me of the time a pigeon did the same visit here a couple of years ago. Left his calling card everywhere.

Just slipped under the duvet, here's hoping for a better nights sleep.

I think it may have come down the chimney, there’s patches of soot around the hearth, but I had a fireguard right up against it so not sure how it got past that...

I for one welcome our new bird overlords. That's the fourth bird home invasion i've heard of in a few weeks. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You ok Deja ?
    Hope time goes quickly by for you .

Home , in for the night , arms torn asunder but on a positive note , lots of unwanted weeds and briars gone today !

Ta Mam and Auto, am fine - just made a long day of tests and jabs was all.

Mind your sore arms mam!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Ta Mam and Auto, am fine - just made a long day of tests and jabs was all.

Mind your sore arms mam!

Glad you're ok , try get some rest now if you can , even if sleep proves elusive :)

Arms be grand thanks Deja , I won the battle against the unwanted weeds :D

Watching Living With Lyme Disease here , god it's heartbreaking listening to those featured in the programme :(

In the bed, just finished watching a Louis Theroux documentary, so I’m hoping sleep will come soon. Although may be somewhat hampered by the heat, and by the crowd of people somewhere outside who are making noise

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement