Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

In the bed. Just showered and lying on fresh bedclothes. A great feeling ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This ultra-chipper Auto thing has me discombobulated :eek:

Ooh FFred, jealous, that'll be me wednesday after work i hope..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Teddy will be in the doghouse if he doesn't behave himself

Shi..

Back to drawing board for ways to avoid cameras. Covering them with tinfoil doesn't work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have a meeting after work 'offsite' spare me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

Good luck Grem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....Well I try and try to forget you girl, But it's just so hard to do, every time you do that thing that you do...

(my current ear worm came up on spotify yesterday, a forgotten choon, Tom Hanks fans might know it :))

Morning all,

Another grey one to start off hopefully it will brighten 12.5 C

Kitchen the coffee is brewing, I'm in a good place

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dogs walked. Cats fed. Coffee time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

A colleague has just reminded me after our facetime thingy chatting about our experiences. The Guinness Store House Tour! We did some work there a few years ago and it was so funny watching some people lashing down the partly finished pints that tourists didn't like. The amount of pints hardly drank in the Skybar was incredible.
    I remember when the Storehouse used to give vouchers for 2 glasses rather than pints, tourists always gave away the 2nd voucher. You could spend the day in there skulling pints for the cost of entry. Fun days :)

Picked up the wife this morning, mutt went absolutely crazy and personally helped her to unpack her bags.

Now my diet goes back to real food :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Getting the gear together....fishing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Coffee time at deskside .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Made a horrifically reckless decision last night and I’m delighted with myself today. I’m so happy that not even a Xanax put me to sleep. 5th Xanax this week, I’ll need to dial that back too.

Made a horrifically reckless decision last night and I’m delighted with myself today. I’m so happy that not even a Xanax put me to sleep. 5th Xanax this week, I’ll need to dial that back too.
    My doctors flat out refuse to give me Xanax these days ...

Got off my arse today and finally started a few big jobs in the garden... at last ...

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Hope you're ok Shoes. I have diazepam now. Find it much better than Xanax although I'd rather not have to take anything but nothing lasts forever :)

Had my first encounter with an automated WHATSAPP service, was renewing my satellite subscription, usual thing of enter 1 for english, then enter 2 for etc etc, but the whole process was automated through whatsapp messages, in the end it directed me to a payment page. First time that I have had the fun of doing this. Certainly beats paying for long distance calls.

Is this type of service common in the real world?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Durhan Railway Station (#37)

Grey clouds out there now...... Rain Better stay away I'm washing everything in the house!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In Heathrow airport terminal 2, just checked luggage in, having a cig and heading through security shortly. Back to Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home now after a mad busy day. Getting the electric saw out to do some satisfying work in the garden.
    Timber!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Dinner on now after a busy day. Currently watching the days play at SW19.

• Advertisement

Having a lovely chat with an amazing person :)

Also enjoying the last few sun rays :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Autosport wrote: »

Also enjoying the last few sun rays :D

Cheers AS, anytime :cool: hope to shine a little light again soon but then don’t wanna be caught with my pants down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That's a coincidence - so am I :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Leaving Belfast.. I'd planned on spending longer, but tbh the place bored me to tears.

Back in Dublin and straight into my local for a pint by nine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bit late home from work today, having crackers and cheese for dinner then out for a walk to clear the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finally sitting. Watching some mediocre tennis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, just changed my yoga cat calendar to July :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭I says

Busy day and off out to a meeting now

Just spent 2.5 hours putting a new swing set together for the children... and yes you’ve guessed it, they’re out there now playing with the big box that it came in !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside watching the second John Wick and attempting to wait for my hair to dry naturally. Early day at work tomorrow, yay :rolleyes:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Homeside watching the second John Wick and attempting to wait for my hair to dry naturally. Early day at work tomorrow, yay :rolleyes:

Keanu Reeves is gorgeous in those films :) I have a thing for him :D

Keanu Reeves is gorgeous in those films :) I have a thing for him :D

Must say, I liked him in Speed (going back a LONG time there!)

My dotie neighbour has just called around. He is priceless. He came to congratulate my Mum and myself about two recent events - I think that he has forgotten that he gave congratulations just a few days ago! Any excuse for a hug (or two!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It's Tuesday night! Anything can happen! It should happen. Who know's???

At the tech desk very early this morning and finished a little while ago. I have a steak in the pan. It's a happy steak. Sauteed some mushrooms earlier with garlic red pepper, oyster sauce and Siriacha. Cornflour and water to mix it up. Chips will go with it. Can't wait! Better than eating out!

But still hanging in for a call that decides my weekend work.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's oh so quiet sssh...

After watching One Day Keeping Ireland Beautiful . Lovely Turkish barber was one person featured in it , so appreciative of life here and having a good business , that he pays it forward , along with others , by cutting the hair of people living on the streets .
    Interesting programme .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's oh so quiet sssh...

After watching One Day Keeping Ireland Beautiful . Lovely Turkish barber was one person featured in it , so appreciative of life here and having a good business , that he pays it forward , along with others , by cutting the hair of people living on the streets .
    Interesting programme .

Shocking quiet Mam! So quiet that I'm hitting the hay. No point hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Just back from calling into a neighbour to congratulate them on something... :pac:

Kidding aside. I’m lazing on the couch, bored watching YouTube car reviews.

Hitting the hay. Night all!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Shocking quiet Mam! So quiet that I'm hitting the hay. No point hanging around.

Be heading to Netflix and Dope myself soon G , Dope as in the series :pac:

Wrecked tired and my feet are hanging off me.. I'm watching the Royle Family (a Christmas one lol) while looking at new alloys online for my car, I think I want a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

while looking at new alloys online for my car, I think I want a change.

That's wheelie good :)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    That's wheelie good :)

I'm tyred of the old ones 😂

Bedside happy with life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Bedside happy with life :)

Jealous of both bed and life haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed telling the luckiest man all about my traumatic day. My friend has a Bernese mountain dog, he’s about a year old and I’m full on obsessed with him. Was sitting in her house tonight when I heard this huge bang. This poor baby bird flew straight into the French door, and knocked itself unconscious. I’d have no stomach for that, so her mother went out and was like the bird is dying.
    The next thing, the big puppy goes over to it and lays down in front of it. He nudged it with his nose and kept lifting it up with his nose. The bird seemed to be still completely stunned but it was upright and the dog was being so gentle, gently pushing it with his nose. Then he slapped it with his paw and the bird flew like 2 foot away before being stunned again. He followed the bird to where it now was, and was pushing it with his nose and then out of nowhere, he ate it. There was about 7 feathers. He ate the entire bird, I was traumatized.

^^^ I'm traumatized having read that.

Me too. :eek:

Poor little birdie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Am awakeside for no apparent reason. I’m taking like a 15 hour journey back to the homeland (can’t wait for the homeland part) and my stupid brain decided to wake up three hours early. After two hours of sleep. Like wtf brain?

Trying to change the train to airport so at least I can be unreasonably earlily awakeside in a more busy location.

But, gonna see my mum today. Woohoo! \o/ <3

Am awakeside for no apparent reason. I’m taking like a 15 hour journey back to the homeland (can’t wait for the homeland part) and my stupid brain decided to wake up three hours early. After two hours of sleep. Like wtf brain?

Trying to change the train to airport so at least I can be unreasonably earlily awakeside in a more busy location.

But, gonna see my mum today. Woohoo! \o/ <3

Travel safe Fluffy , and have a wonderful time with your mam :)

Awake , shocking clammy night .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Travel safe Fluffy , and have a wonderful time with your mam :)

Awake , shocking clammy night .

Thank you Mam. You're so nice!

I bet you have a fierce wicked side though. :) Hope ya get some sleep.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement