Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 37 transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    Saints and wolves managers already talking about rotation

Wolves manager has said Europe is the aim. If they win against Fulham they'll wrap up that 7th spot i think. Then await the FA Cup result.

Don't see them risking not beating Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

What do people think is a better option.

Banking, Sterling C (To cover Aguero) OR a -4 and sell Vardy & Son for Aguero & Redmond?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Yep...also have Son - not the best time of the season to have double Spurs attack :eek:

Main rival has Pogba as well - I'm 1 point ahead at the moment so it's going to come down to a shootout between his Sterling+Aguero vs. my Siggy+Vardy.....not feeling too confident I have to say

I’m also 1 point behind work league leader which has a reasonable cash prize.

Yeah Sterling and Aguero could do a bit of damage this week. Anyway to fit one of them in your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Heart is my ruling my head. As a Liverpool fan I cant bring myself to bring in City players so looking at bringing in PVA instead of Laporte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Heart is my ruling my head. As a Liverpool fan I cant bring myself to bring in City players so looking at bringing in PVA instead of Laporte

I’m sure you know this already but club bias shouldn’t dictate the transfers you make in FPL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m sure you know this already but club bias shouldn’t dictate the transfers you make in FPL.

I know but it has to in this scenario. I just can’t do it, it doesn’t feel right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

dahat wrote: »
    SlickRic wrote: »
    I agree on Hazard. The hit is what would worry me. I mean, I'm leaning towards getting him in for free for Eriksen.

Rival has taken a - 8 also so it's basically a free - 8. I'm pretty sure he hasn't got Hazard in.

Should habe mentioned that in first post really.

For free I'd be jumping right in.

Or you could look at it as 8 extra points u have on him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Or you could look at it as 8 extra points u have on him?

Yes, though the ceiling of players in bar Long could be higher.

A tricky one all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Saw a pic of rashford back training so considering bringing him in for vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Why are people getting rid of vardy? He's the form player in the league. I'd expect him to cause City and Chelsea loads of problems in the last two games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Hazard is tempting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SlickRic wrote: »
    Hazard is tempting now.

Pretty much sold on him.... 🀣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Assuming Rashers is fit, do we expect Lukaku to start this weekend? I know there is a significant chance he blanks but if I were to waste a transfer on bringing him in only to not start at this crucial stage of the season, I might have to hurt myself. Lukaku often shows up against the weak teams and they don't get weaker than Hud. League leader has Rashers so no point in me going there as it won't close the gap, I need to be punty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lukaku is 50/50 with a hamstring injury so he's probably not even going to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Without even making a transfer I have some very very tough calls to make
    play ryan away to Arsenal or Dubravka at home to my double pool attack
    Play WanB away to Cardiff or the very attacking Valery away to West Ham
    Stick with the horribly out of form Pogba because of fixtures? Son ?
    Bench Brooks ?
    Captain.........

aaaggghhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Axwell wrote: »
    Lukaku is 50/50 with a hamstring injury so he's probably not even going to start.
    Really? He's not even flagged! Back to the desperation punt drawing board for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Really? He's not even flagged! Back to the desperation punt drawing board for me.

Didnt train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thought I read Lukaku is out for the season. Pity because I was going to bring him in and captain him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

eh i dunno wrote:
    Saw a pic of rashford back training so considering bringing him in for vardy.

Be careful there as his injury is to his shoulder so he might be able to train but that doesn't mean he is able to do full contact training.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Was all set to bring in Jota for Redmond but now that Rashford is back training and Lukaku injured, I might go with Rashford. Will see tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thinking Alisson and RRRRondon to Leno and Rashford for -4. Exact funds to do it. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Going to bring in a City midfield player and sell either Son or Eriksen, leaning towards Son because he has been one of my most disappointing signings, 12 points total in 5 games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Who would you bench between Vardy (against City) and Wilson (against Spurs)? Both explosive on their day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

thunderdog wrote: »
    Who would you bench between Vardy (against City) and Wilson (against Spurs)? Both explosive on their day

Tough one. Vardy was playing for me regardless. If I had Wilson it would be a tough choice. Maybe Spurs might be more vulnerable. Some saying they looked tired against Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Thinking of Son/Wilson to Hazard/Long

Don't need to start Long this week (can go 442 with TAA VVD Kolasinac Doherty)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lloris, Foster

Valery, Kola, Laporte, Doherty, Kelly

Sterling, Mane, Son, Jota, JWP

Aguero, Rashford, Jiminez

0.3m ITB/1FT & 17 points behind in my money league

Any advice

Was Rashford back doing full training with the main group of players or off on his own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Are people hanging onto Vardy? Have Aguero and Jimenez. Options are Rashford(might not be fit), Wilson(never have him when he gets points) and the two Arsenal strikers(who knows what happens there :)). Have 2 free transfers and no money in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

km79 wrote: »
    Without even making a transfer I have some very very tough calls to make
    play ryan away to Arsenal or Dubravka at home to my double pool attack
    Play WanB away to Cardiff or the very attacking Valery away to West Ham
    Stick with the horribly out of form Pogba because of fixtures? Son ?
    Bench Brooks ?
    Captain.........

aaaggghhhh

Think this is another very hard week to predict things to be honest. I would play Ryan over Dubravka, I have had Dubravka for a while and he never seems to make any saves. If I had Pogba I would play him not sure I would be rushing to get him though! I have the same problem with Brooks as I have Deulofeu too and I am not sure who to play out of the two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United press conference at 10.
    We'll get some news on who's fit.
    I'm holding off on getting Rashford in for Gray until I know for definite that he plays.

• Advertisement

This is why I don’t like a late wildcard.

I carry muck on my bench all season so I don’t have the headache of weekly decisions.

Have to decide on starting Son or King this weekend.

I’m leaning towards King at the minute. No idea why.

Advertisement