Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order delayed because of Brexit from Irish website

Options
  • 27-04-2019 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need a bit of advise here I bought a computer part from www.custompcparts.ie on the 17th of this month, to this date the order has still not been shipped when I asked the seller what is going on I was told there is a delay because of Brexit they are switching supplier.

When I asked for my order to be refunded I am ingored and told it will be shipped eventually when they sort out their supplier issue.

This is the below template my emails keep being replied with,

We are in the process of switching from UK based distribution to EU distribution for many of our products. We are making this change in conjunction with many of our vendors ( manufacturers ) to ensure continuity of supply post Brexit. We are aware that Brexit has again been delayed however because of the uncertainly we have made the change in an effort to minimise delivery and supply issues should the UK leave the EU or not remain in the Customs Union.

How can I get a refund here I paid directly with my card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tell them you're going to do a chargeback for non delivery and they'll probably refund you, as chargebacks have negative affects for retailers (fees, too many and they can lose their merchant account)

Just noticed the date - 10 days might be a bit soon... bank will likely be looking for 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

L1011 wrote: »
    Tell them you're going to do a chargeback for non delivery and they'll probably refund you, as chargebacks have negative affects for retailers (fees, too many and they can lose their merchant account)

Just noticed the date - 10 days might be a bit soon... bank will likely be looking for 28.

Thanks I will mention this in my next email.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,582 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

L1011 wrote: »

https://www.eccireland.ie/popular-consumer-topics/shopping-online-consumer-rights/

30 days for delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

These guys are notorious for having non-existent customer service. Once you pay, they stop caring basically. Tons of negative stories over on the Building and Upgrading forum. Some of them you wouldn't expect from a back alley market stall, let alone a supposed major PC retailer.

Amazon or OCUK are pretty much the best from a customer service and speed POV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I tell them you're going to return it anyway once it arrives which is your right under the distance selling directive. Although you'd be liable for shipping it back it might be enough for them that they'll be stuck with it for them to just cancel it.

Absolute cowboys this crowd.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for you help, this is the email what I have sent to them this morning.

It has been 12 days since purchase and the order has still not been shipped, I am requesting a full refund to my account.

If the above request is not meet I will request a chargeback from my bank, if the product has been shipped it will be returned with the request of a full refund as it within my rights under the distance selling directive as I do no longer want it as per the link below.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/your-rights-online/

As I will no longer be using my account custompcparts.ie I wish to request FULL removal of ALL my details after this incident has been resolved this is within my rights under GDPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

stevek93, have you sourced the part elsewhere? fro the same price?

i understand why your pissed off but is that any point in cutting off your nose to spite your face?

What i'm not sure of is what expectation they set when you purchased it? Did you get an in stock message, or an expected delivery time that they didn't meet?

stevek93, have you sourced the part elsewhere? fro the same price?

i understand why your pissed off but is that any point in cutting off your nose to spite your face?

What i'm not sure of is what expectation they set when you purchased it? Did you get an in stock message, or an expected delivery time that they didn't meet?

What do you not understand here? My order date was 17th of this month and it still not not been shipped, there was no mention of issue with their supplier when I ordered and no mention of the item was not in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Bit harsh there on Xterminator but to answer his point, if they're like this when buying, what's the customer support going to be like. Hint we know the answer from BUilding and upgrading forum. Even if it costs a bit more from Amazon et al, you're better off paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

stevek93 wrote: »
    Thanks lads for you help, this is the email what I have sent to them this morning.

It has been 12 days since purchase and the order has still not been shipped, I am requesting a full refund to my account.

If the above request is not meet I will request a chargeback from my bank, if the product has been shipped it will be returned with the request of a full refund as it within my rights under the distance selling directive as I do no longer want it as per the link below.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/your-rights-online/

As I will no longer be using my account custompcparts.ie I wish to request FULL removal of ALL my details after this incident has been resolved this is within my rights under GDPR.

If you do decide to return it as soon as it arrives dont forgot this from your link
    You must also return the item within 14 days from the day you cancelled. If you cancel the order because you change your mind, you may have to pay for the cost of returning it.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for your help they are offering a refund now.

Advertisement