Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Socks getting lost in my house

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i blame the washing machine. Someone was trying to invent a time portal device, but it ended up being better at washing clothes. Now it just takes the odd sock every now and then, like a sacrifice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Gerry G wrote: »
    The all black sock option is becoming more and more appealing
    Sounds good until a few years later you realise you have seven different black socks of different sizes including two that look the same but feel different on your feet because one is tighter.

Only solution is to do like kids gloves, a bit of string down one trouser leg and up the other so they are always together.

Blaizes wrote: »
    Good tip is buy same colour sets then no problem matching up.
    Just buy several sets of Priest's socks, the ones that look black, but are in fact very very very very dark blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

We have an area on our clothes horse called the singles bar. All the solitary survivors go there in the hope their other half will one day return. I had to do a cull a few weeks ago because it was getting out of hand. 16 brave soles were lost that day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just buy several sets of Priest's socks, the ones that look black, but are in fact very very very very dark blue.
    You didn't go to Habit Had did you ?

Never buy black socks in a normal shop. They will shaft you everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

This is doing the rounds on my facebook today.

OP-you said it was impossible but look at the evidence..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    This is doing the rounds on my facebook today.

OP-you said it was impossible but look at the evidence..

I'm fetching my screw driver right now.

Archeron wrote: »
    We have an area on our clothes horse called the singles bar. All the solitary survivors go there in the hope their other half will one day return. I had to do a cull a few weeks ago because it was getting out of hand. 16 brave soles were lost that day.

No exaggeration I have 57 loose single socks which have gathered over a period of roughly 5 to 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Call in the ERU OP

That's the only answer

It is a perennial problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

No exaggeration I have 57 loose single socks which have gathered over a period of roughly 5 to 6 years.

Make a draught excluder using them as filling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I'm fetching my screw driver right now.

Picture could also be fake. Don't be too disappointed if they arent there!:D

imme wrote: »
    Call in the ERU OP

That's the only answer

It is a perennial problem

I tried. Guards laughed at me although they did send a couple of detectives around for a gander. They ate all my biscuits then they left and I haven't heard a word since. Gonna have to hire privately I think. Pesky socks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

maccored wrote: »
    i blame the washing machine. Someone was trying to invent a time portal device, but it ended up being better at washing clothes. Now it just takes the odd sock every now and then, like a sacrifice
    I believe you may be correct.

I have solutions to everyones problems.

Here..and..here

You're welcome. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Welcome-to-the-Thunderdome.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I believe you may be correct.

i think that photo earlier of all the socks in the bottom of the washing machine revealed its sacrificial pond

Advertisement