Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past shops of Cork!

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Auld Fella

I seem to remember the OK Garage was next to Victoria X Saw Mills and dealt mainly in tractors. Pope's garage where the Wylam now is was a Ford main dealer initially and Dennehys had the Austin agency . In later years Dennehys were Ford and Pope's were Austin.

Lehanes Toyota was previously a Renault Dealership. If I recall correctly it trades as Wilton Motors. Now as you said occupied by Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I remember football crazy. I jumped on the Blackburn Rovers bandwagon the year before they won the league and a BR shirt was my first soccer jersey. I brought another shirt in FC crazy to get Shearer printed on the back but they no R letters so I couldn't get it. About 2 weeks later he signed for Newcastle🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There was the Tack Room there, too. Very posh!

Advertisement