Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low power ?

Options
  • 27-04-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    Is the possible that electrical supply (power) to a house could be low...
    The reason I ask is when I charge my fone in my sisters house it takes ages to charge but with the very same charger in my own house charges in quarter the time...(the houses are about 1 km apart). I've tried all the sockets with same result. I don't know how her other appliances are affected....
    Any ideas..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Short answer is no, that's not a thing.

Almost every charger works on 100 -> 240V without an output drop.

Maybe it's a ghost stealing your charge?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Steve wrote: »
    Short answer is no, that's not a thing.

Almost every charger works on 100 -> 240V without an output drop.

Maybe it's a ghost stealing your charge?? :D
    Tks for reply.......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Could it be that in your sisters house your phone is continually searching for internet that it can't find?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Put your phone in airplane mode, then compare the charge times. This will stop it spending time looking for a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Same charger, you said. Perhaps the cable between the charger and phone is different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

adrian92 wrote: »
    Same charger, you said. Perhaps the cable between the charger and phone is different?
    Same charger and cable...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I presume that one of the houses is nearer the equator?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

alan4cult wrote: »
    Put your phone in airplane mode, then compare the charge times. This will stop it spending time looking for a network.

Or if you don't want to cross the Wild Atlantic Ocean you could try aeroplane mode. :-)

Advertisement