Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting a pic

Options
  • 28-04-2019 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭

It won’t let me. Says file is too big. What’s going on?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Dtp1979,

You will need to reduce the size of the file that you're attaching. Within the Manage Attachments window, maximum file sizes for different extensions are set out. For example, you can upload a 1MB .png, .bmp or .gif file, but a 4MB .jpg file.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hi Dtp1979,

You will need to reduce the size of the file that you're attaching. Within the Manage Attachments window, maximum file sizes for different extensions are set out. For example, you can upload a 1MB .png, .bmp or .gif file, but a 4MB .jpg file.

I’ve never had this trouble before, when posting pics. Why now?

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Dtp1979,

No changes have been made to this system. Perhaps other uploads snuck in under the threshold or perhaps one you are trying to upload is a different extension (some image editors will save as different extensions by default). If you open the image in an image editor (such as Paint) and resize the image or change the file type, you should be able to alter the file size and upload it as normal.

Hi Dtp1979,

No changes have been made to this system. Perhaps other uploads snuck in under the threshold or perhaps one you are trying to upload is a different extension (some image editors will save as different extensions by default). If you open the image in an image editor (such as Paint) and resize the image or change the file type, you should be able to alter the file size and upload it as normal.

I’m trying to upload this from my phone. Same as I always have, and never had an issue before

Boards.ie Employee

Could you let me know the size of the image that you're trying to upload and what file extension it has please? You are trying to upload via the "Attach Files" button on the Touch site?

• Advertisement

Could you let me know the size of the image that you're trying to upload and what file extension it has please? You are trying to upload via the "Attach Files" button on the Touch site?

Those terms mean nothing to me. It’s a standard picture from my iPhone library. The same type of picture I’ve always uploaded. Yes, it’s through attach files on the touch site. Never had this issue before

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Those terms mean nothing to me. It’s a standard picture from my iPhone library. The same type of picture I’ve always uploaded. Yes, it’s through attach files on the touch site. Never had this issue before

Any update?

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Dtp1979,

We haven't made any changes to the uploading system or restrictions on our end. It would be helpful if you could check the file size from your iPhone's gallery to ensure that it falls within the guidelines. Alternatively, you could forward us (at hello@boards.ie) an example or two of pictures that aren't uploading so that we can check them // attempt to replicate. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement