Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 year old behaviour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

One thing that stands out after reading this thread is if any parent has to go to an app to do the parenting,honestly what is the world coming to.
    Put the phone down and be a parent ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 stanley1989

Kids play up on their mums . When I was out of work I stayed at home with the kids while herself was on a course . 8 am till 5pm the kids were happy quiet and generally no work at all ,as soon as mums car pulled in the driveway the crying winging whinning started ,cannot listen to it lol unnecessary crying I call it ..Kids are the same with their grandmother (my mum ) they play up on her 100% of the time I think because she allows it . My current partner has a 3 year old girl she's hard work too but only when mommie is around , when it's just me and her she's a pleasure to mind . The parent is usually at fault I find

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We have blackout blinds.In all three of their bedrooms.She is just an early riser.She stays quiet and in bed but she's still awake so she's tired.

Actually it's quite normal for kids to hold it together during the day, but pull out the bad behaviour in the evening for their parents.It can be habit, yes, but also because their parents are their safe place....if they need to let their feelings out, they do so with people they know can handle it, specially with the mothers.It's how you react as a parent that is the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Kids play up on their mums . When I was out of work I stayed at home with the kids while herself was on a course . 8 am till 5pm the kids were happy quiet and generally no work at all ,as soon as mums car pulled in the driveway the crying winging whinning started ,cannot listen to it lol unnecessary crying I call it ..Kids are the same with their grandmother (my mum ) they play up on her 100% of the time I think because she allows it . My current partner has a 3 year old girl she's hard work too but only when mommie is around , when it's just me and her she's a pleasure to mind . The parent is usually at fault I find

I do think it's quite common that the people a child has the most secure attachments with see the worst of the behaviour. More often than not that person is the mother (it's certainly my wife in our house anyway) but I don't think she is "at fault" for that in any way..... You're a braver man than me if you suggest as much to your partner :D

Advertisement