Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Cracker of a score to end the half. Great read by Madigan to be in the right place to intercept the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

launish116 wrote: »
    Been a ****e first half! Superb try there though.

Isn’t looking good for Coetzee
    He walked off at half time so fingers crossed. From a neutral point of view I'm enjoying the game tbh both teams willing to throw the ball around.

Fantastic work for the Ulster try well done Lowry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

sioda wrote: »
    He walked off at half time so fingers crossed.

Be the last we see of him this game. Shame, his first half try should of been allowed.

Back row really need to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ian Madigan rips the ball from the substitute hooker and that feels like game over.

Cob webs blown out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Lowry MotM - think he was the difference, actually.

Lowry MotM - think he was the difference, actually.

Thought Madigan wasn’t far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Treadwell was like a man possessed at times.

Unfortunately not getting the BP probably means the competition is gone now.

bilston wrote: »
    Treadwell was like a man possessed at times.

Unfortunately not getting the BP probably means the competition is gone now.

Treads has had a great deal more aggression this season - really good to see.

Izzy looked comfortable enough as well. Not brilliant, but certainly not out if his depth.

You'd have to think that there is nothing between Madigan and Burns at this stage.

• Advertisement

Jordi Murphy's good form has survived the break, thankfully. But both Timoney and Jones were pretty good. Jones is nicely mobile, and Timoney, like Treadwell, is playing more aggressively.

Jordi Murphy's good form has survived the break, thankfully. But both Timoney and Jones were pretty good. Jones is nicely mobile, and Timoney, like Treadwell, is playing more aggressively.

Still lacking a proper blindside.

Sadly looking at Coetzee going off, the next few weeks could show us how toothless are back row is going to be.

Still lacking a proper blindside.

Sadly looking at Coetzee going off, the next few weeks could show us how toothless are back row is going to be.

The only game he's needed for is Leinster. Other than that, we've Ospreys, Dragons and Zebre

The only game he's needed for is Leinster. Other than that, we've Ospreys, Dragons and Zebre

True, though that isn’t going to help us going forward.

Worry how Nakarawa is going to pan out, appreciate he’s off the pace at present and Dan will hopefully get more out of him. It’s just to easy for teams to ignore the ruck and pan out against our forwards.

True, though that isn’t going to help us going forward.

Worry how Nakarawa is going to pan out, appreciate he’s off the pace at present and Dan will hopefully get more out of him. It’s just to easy for teams to ignore the ruck and pan out against our forwards.

I remember how Munster fans scoffed when Nick Williams rocked up at Belfast. All we can do is wait and see.

I remember how Munster fans scoffed when Nick Williams rocked up at Belfast. All we can do is wait and see.

True that to be fair! Though he didn’t really come with the hype an expectation.

Marcell Coetzee suffered a thigh muscle contusion in Ulster Rugby’s Guinness PRO14 Round 12 match against Glasgow Warriors. His availability for selection for the upcoming game against Ospreys will be assessed through the coming week

Would that be a dead leg?

Think so. The relief is that it's nothing to do with his knee. Thought he'd definitely be out for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Marcell Coetzee suffered a thigh muscle contusion in Ulster Rugby’s Guinness PRO14 Round 12 match against Glasgow Warriors. His availability for selection for the upcoming game against Ospreys will be assessed through the coming week

Would that be a dead leg?

Yeah they can be a pain in the arse to recover from but no long term damage. Henshaw was out a couple of years ago during the 6N for a little over 2 months with one.

Think so. The relief is that it's nothing to do with his knee. Thought he'd definitely be out for weeks.

Rest him to be sure and have him completely fit for Leinster.

• Advertisement

2 year central contract for Henderson

BOOM

Cooney the last big name to sign?

Cooney is contracted to 2022

His contract ain't up. The rumour was he was leaving early.

For me, firts choice backrow is

7) Reidy
    6) Rea
    8) Nakarawa

Maybe that's unfair on Murphy, who seems to be coming more to the fore now. If he continues in this form, put him at seven and swap Reidy for Rea. Although, only a matter of time before McCann makes the six jersey his own, seemingly.

As to who's left, I'd rather keep Mathewson for another season than Faddes.

I know it's about using your resources, and I know he's great at the tight yards and secure ball (can't remember the last time he got turned over by a jackaller) but part of me weeps that me don't play Hendo out on the fringes any more and let him just run at/around lads.

https://twitter.com/UlsterRugby/status/1364540790521942020?s=20

For me, firts choice backrow is

7) Reidy
    6) Rea
    8) Nakarawa

Maybe that's unfair on Murphy, who seems to be coming more to the fore now. If he continues in this form, put him at seven and swap Reidy for Rea. Although, only a matter of time before McCann makes the six jersey his own, seemingly.

Rea is barely making the bench currently, for some reason.

We have to many 6.5, not good enough to nail down blindside and not an out and out open side.

Throw in potentially our best players are 30+

• Advertisement

For me, It's 7) Reidy 8) Nakarawa and 6) ?

Advertisement