Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Timoney gave that too early was lucky yer man was shot by a sniper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

bilston wrote: »
    Totally undeserved...but not complaining.

We’re lucky the league is so ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ospreys have worked hard for little return. They've looked decent at times but don't have the ability to make it count. All Ulster needed was a score. Get and hold on to the ball a but in the second half and you should win comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

You know what, I'm up for expanding the league. We need the quality, no way should we be allowed to go almost unbeaten in a self-respecting league.

I'm straight up not having a good time, I always try to look for little positives for the sake of my mental health but lads, it isn't easy. Timoney has been physical, that's one. The game's halfway over, that's another and I suppose that'll have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Ive noticed watching the US sports that teams that have had long breaks (from covid issues in the club, or their opponents) haven't looked good when they come back. Ulster havent impressed since coming back from the month off, even after having a game to shake off the rust.

Baloucoune just looks dangerous everytime he gets the ball!

I have no idea how that wasn't rolling away...

This referee is absurdly bad.

Ulster given two penalties that were 100% the other way. Timoneys one was unbelievably obvious no release.

Is it wrong to want to win without a bonus point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

awec wrote: »
    This referee is absurdly bad.

Ulster given two penalties that were 100% the other way. Timoneys one was unbelievably obvious no release.

When they didn't tackle release?

Thought that at the time myself

Still he nearly let the Ospreys away with that one there

In fairness he got that spot on, good to see a pen try given.

launish116 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to want to win without a bonus point?

Absolutely not. If it helps, I hope you don't get a TBP either! :D

You will obviously....

That lineout was interesting ...

If we play like this next week it will be embarassing

Well spotted by the Leinster TMO...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Rob Lyttle is an incredible finisher, so so unlucky tonight.

Rob Lyttle is an incredible finisher, so so unlucky tonight.

3 disallowed (correctly) tries for one player...

Well spotted by the Leinster TMO...:D

Quality on and off the park. :pac:

Next week could be a long night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Video reviews have made every sport less enjoyable. Id say 4 out of every 5 times it's used to take away a scoring play. That last one was very annoying, was a great run.

Not impressed by Ulster they sleptwalked through most of that match and Ospreys tried their hardest to give them a bonus point and they just wouldn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Ive noticed watching the US sports that teams that have had long breaks (from covid issues in the club, or their opponents) haven't looked good when they come back. Ulster havent impressed since coming back from the month off, even after having a game to shake off the rust.

Month and a half

molloyjh wrote: »
    Absolutely not. If it helps, I hope you don't get a TBP either! :D

You will obviously....

Eh, yeah, jinx?

I think Ulster just expected to turn up and win.

Serious questions about both starting props.

If O'Sullivan and Reidy had started that match it might have been a different evening.

Poor nights for a lot of players. Madigan, Lowry and Hume had disappointing evenings. The set puece didn't function in the first half. The scrum was under pressure and the line out just broke down at various stages.

On the plus side Baloucoune was lively and Ulster were keen to get him the ball...has he bulked up? Reidy was very good as well.

I think Ulster just expected to turn up and win.

Serious questions about both starting props.

If O'Sullivan and Reidy had started that match it might have been a different evening.

Poor nights for a lot of players. Madigan, Lowry and Hume had disappointing evenings. The set puece didn't function in the first half. The scrum was under pressure and the line out just broke down at various stages.

On the plus side Baloucoune was lively and Ulster were keen to get him the ball...has he bulked up? Reidy was very good as well.

Frig, it happens. Focus minds for next vweek. Just keep fighting. Delighted by how ferocious Reidy and Baloucoune have come back.

Not happy at all with first half.

Hard to know if I’m disappointed or excited with tonight’s win. No bonus point, hopefully we’ll blood some more forwards now in remaining games and stop chasing a final.

Still seriously lacking prop/blindside depth.

McCloskey & O’Toole released back for Leinster game.

On the other hand Leinster are getting back Ed Byrne, Ross Byrne, Rhys Ruddock and Josh van der Flier.

It's gone anyway. We need to keep fighting, but even if we beat Leinster, no playoffs for us.

It's so frustrating. What's the betting we're in their conference again next season?

The annoying thing is we can't even rotate some of the kids in because there is always the chance, no matter how slim that we could still catch Leinster.

Paul, I think those conferences are in place for 2 years, and this is just year 1, but Then if the 4 SA sides come in, the whole structure could change completely next year.

I see the A team lost down in Munster on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

you wouldn't know it if you went on the ulster website, oddly no coverage of the loss.

Advertisement