Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

But then, as Cardiff are aware, the talent sometimes changes their mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/jun/16/xavier-rush-ulster-cardiff-blues

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

But then, as Cardiff are aware, the talent sometimes changes their mind.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/jun/16/xavier-rush-ulster-cardiff-blues

That worked out very well for Ulster.

That worked out very well for Ulster.

It did - remember watching the drama unfold at the time. But Pedrie would become a stalwart.

Saw on Another Forum that Papa Doak went for the assistant coach job, as did Payne, when Peel said he was going.

£1.5 million for Ulster Rugby.

Thankee kindly, soir.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/56272362

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

£1.5 for Ulster Rugby.

Thankee kindly, soir.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/56272362

yeah... just about what its worth ;):D

ha ha Just spotted that and executed a ninja edit.

Still, not gonna say no. Bit of financial breathing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,803 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Good news...thats at least 10 larger non international contracts I'd have thought.

Although the money is probably needed by the local clubs at the moment as well who haven't sold a pint for almost a year...urrghhh I need to stop doing that to myself...pints...pubs...clubhouse...watching rugby live...

Thoughts on the team for tomorrow

O'Sullivan hopefully starts.

Andrew at hooker

Moore or O'Toole at TH is 50/50

O'Connor and Treadwell in the row

Reidy, Murphy and Coetzee is my preferred back row, but I dont know who plays 6. Timoney will probably start at 6, which is all good too. But Reidy was fantastic last week and Jordi is in great form.

Cooney and Madigan at 9 and 10

McCloskey and Hume in the midfield

Does Baloucoune get a start? That would be tough on Lyttle. Stockdale could in theory go to 15, but then that is tough in Lowry. If Dan is being ruthless I'm going 11 Stockdale, 14 Baloucoune 15 Lowry. Maybe Baloucoune isn't quite ready to start which solves the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

bilston wrote: »
    Good news...thats at least 10 larger non international contracts I'd have thought.

Although the money is probably needed by the local clubs at the moment as well who haven't sold a pint for almost a year...urrghhh I need to stop doing that to myself...pints...pubs...clubhouse...watching rugby live...

You also need to stop doing it to the rest of us! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Screenshot-20210305-115118.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭launish116

Strongest possible side!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

If that Ulster side can't beat that Leinster side..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster shade it up front, but there's a big gulf in quality between the backlines. That's where Ulster win it.

bayern wrote: »
    If that Ulster side can't beat that Leinster side..

Exactly! Scary thing being Leinster still give them a good run for their money!

Hayden Hyde has left Ulster to go back to Harlequins.

Hayden Hyde has left Ulster to go back to Harlequins.

Just saw that. Looked useful enough that I'd rather he wasn't lost to Irish rugby, if he felt he wasn't breaking though fast enough at Ulster. Harlequins might have offered him a full place though.

Just saw that. Looked useful enough that I'd rather he wasn't lost to Irish rugby, if he felt he wasn't breaking though fast enough at Ulster. Harlequins might have offered him a full place though.

No joining quins academy

No joining quins academy

Hmm. Shame. Bit of a loss. But who knows the reasoning

• Advertisement

I see quite a few of his peers at Quins are starting to break through and take places in the first team - probably just wanted to be in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Always thought he might struggle here, decent player but doesn't bring anything we don't already have and I imagine he might see a better career pathway elsewhere. Moore and Hume are ahead of him and roughly the same age, along with Carson, Moxham, and maybe Postlewaite coming through just behind him.

Guess Ulster backed their horses! In Stewart & Hume. Shame he looked very good at U20! Can’t blame him Harlequinns have looked to be on the up again.

launish116 wrote: »
    Guess Ulster backed their horses! In Stewart & Hume. Shame he looked very good at U20! Can’t blame him Harlequinns have looked to be on the up again.

Aye, I wouldn't take him ahead of either of them. If Curtis comes back as well, he'd have been languishing in the Academy for a while.

Pity Hyde didn't go to Connacht.

Anyway it should mean room for Postelwaite in the Academy next season

Great article on Izzy and how he got here.

https://www.the42.ie/cormac-izuchukwu-ulster-5373686-Mar2021/

launish116 wrote: »
    Great article on Izzy and how he got here.

https://www.the42.ie/cormac-izuchukwu-ulster-5373686-Mar2021/

Crazy he's only played 20 games in the second row

The Southern media are doing quite the "if Ulster don't beat this weakened Leinster team then IT IS THE END FOR THEM" blitz.

I'd be perfectly content for you to go back to ignoring us, thanks.

In fairness, some nice articles on Bobby and Izzy as well.

The Southern media are doing quite the "if Ulster don't beat this weakened Leinster team then IT IS THE END FOR THEM" blitz.

I'd be perfectly content for you to go back to ignoring us, thanks.

In fairness, some nice articles on Bobby and Izzy as well.

Yeah, noticed that myself. Always a negative narrative around Ulster from their POV. Although...there is a nice wee article by Gerry Thornley in today's Irish Times about Ulster's young backs.

I'm looking forward to this tonight. Hope the lads deliver.

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    Yeah, noticed that myself. Always a negative narrative around Ulster from their POV. Although...there is a nice wee article by Gerry Thornley in today's Irish Times about Ulster's young backs.

I'm looking forward to this tonight. Hope the lads deliver.

What is worth considering is that Ulster are doing excellently this season. As we did, in fact, last season, when we made the final and did much better in the HEC.

If Leinster can beat us with third choice players, maybe it's not cause Ulster are rubbish. Maybe if Leinster win, there is an issue in Irish rugby, but it's not Ulster we should be looking to change to remedy that.

Advertisement