Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Nicely worked try

That should be that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

How dangerous is Baloucoune!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

bilston wrote: »
    How dangerous is Baloucoune!

You'd so hope there can be some summer games for Ireland minus Lions, cos he need to be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,134 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Has Stockdale lost a bit of pace?

He was.never lightning quick but it's notable that he's struggling to make ground on the outside these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Bloody hell!!!

• Advertisement

OMG

Wee Mike...that was special

Beautiful solo score by Bad Boy Mike Lowry.

Clegg wrote: »
    Has Stockdale lost a bit of pace?

He was.never lightning quick but it's notable that he's struggling to make ground on the outside these days.

No idea, can't say I've noticed...maybe he's given some of his pace to Michael Lowry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Andy Farrell needs to include Lowry and Balacoune in Ireland squad for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Imagine a 9-10 for ireland of casey and lowry, wouldn't bloody need any wingers.

• Advertisement

Imagine a 9-10 for ireland of casey and lowry, wouldn't bloody need any wingers.

Question is, who'd be on the bottom under the long coat.

• Administrators Posts: 53,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That was worse than most prowhatever games.

Training session stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

awec wrote: »
    That was worse than most prowhatever games.

Training session stuff.

Are you ever happy?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Are you ever happy?

Sometimes.

Apparently.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Are you ever happy?

Hahaha...I had typed out the same response and the chickened out!

On a serious point, not nice to see Izuchwuku limp off. Even though he was only on for 10 minutes he was already making an impact. He has a big future.

Hope the injury isn't as bad as it maybe looked.

bilston wrote: »
    Hahaha...I had typed out the same response and the chickened out!

On a serious point, not nice to see Izuchwuku limp off. Even though he was only on for 10 minutes he was already making an impact. He has a big future.

Hope the injury isn't as bad as it maybe looked.

bilston,

I wasn't denigrating our magnificent victory over harlequins, merely pointing out that the match was of an incredibly low standard and will have provided the lads with little more than a good run about ahead of what I hope are more difficult tests to come.

I am happy we won. I think we can win this competition.

But tonight was a walk in the park. What can we deduce?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

Saints will put out a strong team next week.

I'm particularly worried about their pack. Minus lawes I'm not sure on any big injuries they have. Expect their team to be:

1. Waller 2. Matavesi 3. Hill
    4. Ribbans 5 Ratuiniyawara
    6. Isiekwe. 7. Ludlam
    8. Harrison
    9. Mitchell
    10. Biggar
    11. Sleightholme
    12. Francis
    13. Hutchinson/ Dingwall
    14. Proctor
    15.Furbank/ freeman

Id very much like to see some of hendo/carter/coetzee/addison/marshall/mcgrath available

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

bilston,

I wasn't denigrating our magnificent victory over harlequins, merely pointing out that the match was of an incredibly low standard and will have provided the lads with little more than a good run about ahead of what I hope are more difficult tests to come.

You can only play the opposition in front of you. There have been plenty of times Ulster have failed to do that against poor opposition in the past. There were some real positives last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭Buer

There were some positives but let's be honest, it was a pretty terrible game and that's nothing to do with Ulster. The main positives are around getting the team back on the field and not shipping any real injuries. Quins went out with little intention of competing. The game was over as a contest in the first quarter and was a rout by half time despite Murphy going to the bin.

It will have been good for Ulster to get a game under their belts and shake some rust off after a bit of down time. Also good to reintegrate the likes of Burns who will take a lot of confidence from last night after a tough enough 6N campaign for him on a personal level.

They'll need that game time going to Northampton next week. If Saints are interested, they'll be a tricky opponent. Their season has been steadily improving in recent months.

If Henderson is back, I'd back Ulster to get the job done though.

Scythica wrote: »

I'm particularly worried about their pack. Minus lawes I'm not sure on any big injuries they have. Expect their team to be:

6. Isiekwe. 7. Ludlam
    8. Harrison
    9. Mitchell
    10. Biggar
    11. Sleightholme
    12. Francis
    13. Hutchinson/ Dingwall
    14. Proctor
    15.Furbank/ freeman

Id very much like to see some of hendo/carter/coetzee/addison/marshall/mcgrath available

Read elsewhere that Hendy should be fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Would only expect Hendy to return, no one else would have had any game time!

Scythica wrote: »

6. Isiekwe. 7. Ludlam
    8. Harrison
    9. Mitchell
    10. Biggar
    11. Sleightholme
    12. Francis
    13. Hutchinson/ Dingwall
    14. Proctor
    15.Furbank/ freeman

Depends how strong Northampton go, they are just behind Quins in the league and that will understandably be their priority. Not many of that team above played against the Dragons.

But that said they will hardly want their front liners to go 3 weeks without a match before they play London Irish on the 16th, so I'd agree they will almost certainly go stronger than they did against the Dragons.

One thing is for sure, it will be a lot harder than last night.

bilston,

yes yes...I don't disagree with what you're saying awec, but personally I still enjoyed watching some of Ulster's attacking play. Lowry's try was top-drawer, Baloucoune looks great, Burns was putting plenty of width on it.

Sure it was a walk in the park, but it was a pleasant walk.

Henderson fitness in doubt, has a shoulder issue/knock. Being reviewed day by day! Running out of locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

launish116 wrote: »
    Henderson fitness in doubt, has a shoulder issue/knock. Being reviewed day by day! Running out of locks.
    Carter isnt injured as far as I know.

damianmcr wrote: »
    Carter isnt injured as far as I know.

Carter having concussion issues still I believe!

Izzy came off injured in Sunday

Dave O’Connor recently had shoulder surgery

Last I heard he was back home in Oz and was doing his two week isolation. Didnt hear a thing about that.

Pretty sure they said on the Belfast Telegraph pod that he had concussion issues.

• Advertisement

Cant be arsed with McKendry so packed that in.

Advertisement