Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,655 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

This is boys against men stuff unfortunately now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Basically played 30mins against 14 men and being beaten easily...what a waste of a carry out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

This is boys against men stuff unfortunately now.

Elephant in the room on show for all once again!

Much better start so far. Hopefully they can keep this tempo and intensity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Garda Kenny

Tackling is shocking.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Awful defence from Lowry, biting in on Tuala who had already been tackled and was on the way to the deck. He hasn't been good tonight, reminds me a bit of Jordan Larmour a few years ago trying to do far too much every time he gets the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That was really poor from Lowry. Ulster have been much better this half but need to find a score from somewhere.

molloyjh wrote: »
    That was really poor from Lowry. Ulster have been much better this half but need to find a score from somewhere.

You're welcome folks! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Is it just me or has Jordi Murphy put on a bit of beef over the past year?

That's the Stockdale we all know and love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Who is this Andrew Warwick?

This is the Ulster I was expecting. Saints look shot and Ulster look like they could play for another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Ulster doing a Leinster here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Hume with some lovely lines tonight and I've enjoyed Baloucoune deciding that he's good in the air all of a sudden.

Lowry was poor, and the team has been a bit awful as well tbh. Backrow needs upgraded, no turnover threat or carrying apart from the odd game from timoney

Hume with some lovely lines tonight and I've enjoyed Baloucoune deciding that he's good in the air all of a sudden.

Lowry was poor, and the team has been a bit awful as well tbh.

Its a game Ulster could have lost but didn't. That in itself is good enough, especially at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

clsmooth wrote: »
    He has that John Travolta return to the big screen thing going on alright. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Tom O'Toole was really good off the bench.

Second half was like watching a completely different team.

Thought Timoney had a decent game, he's just that bit too light though, if he had an extra 10kg on him I reckon he'd be exactly what Ulster need as a Coetzee replacement

Second half was like watching a completely different team.

Thought Timoney had a decent game, he's just that bit too light though, if he had an extra 10kg on him I reckon he'd be exactly what Ulster need as a Coetzee replacement

Player size obviously makes a difference but Ulster pack aren't lightweight. I honestly believe it's a mix of coaching and most importantly Attitude. Leinster aren't a massive pack but you never see them give less than 100%. Their 1st, 2nd and 3rds are relentless. We need to bottle some of that

• Administrators Posts: 53,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

clsmooth wrote: »

He definitely has. Looks a bit overweight to be to be totally honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

awec wrote: »
    He definitely has. Looks a bit overweight to be to be totally honest.

His hair alone probably weighs about 5 kilos

Timoney is a lot more powerful than he used to be.

Was that Hume's best game for Ulster tonight? I thought he was really good.

Ulster played very well in the last quarter, before that it was pretty ragged.

Not perfect, but beating a strong Northampton away from home by more than a score and not playing at our best is a pretty satisfying night's work.

No doubt we'll get Montpellier away in the semi final...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,505 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If only every overweight player got motm every game, I'd double my size on medals....

Jordi was class tonight.... hungry, effective, solid..... he wouldn't have been out of place starting 2.5 hours earlier.

Ulster have the attacking prowess of a top European team, but a defence more a kin to French team than Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

The definition of "a game of two halves".

We lose the first half, when the Saints have three yellow cards, and are down to 13 men at one point.

The second half, which is resolutely 15 v 15, we mince them, initially with the same pack that looked positively soft in the first 40.

Frenetic and frantic when they'd players off, methodical and clinical in the second half.

Lowry wasn't great - a bit too determined to make something happen when nothing was on - and our backrow was outplayed.

MOTM was Hume, by a distance. Also,Marty Moore was great, which he often is for us.

If we get more than one brief mention on Off The Ball tomorrow morning then we know we have made it to the top table of Irish rugby...

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    If we get more than one brief mention on Off The Ball tomorrow morning then we know we have made it to the top table of Irish rugby...

Running order:
    Leinster's amazing comeback
    Ronan O'Gara's La Rochelle (c)
    Where are Munster players going on their holidays - anywhere nice?
    Connacht A Vs Leinster A
    Women's Six Nations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Running order:
    Leinster's amazing comeback
    Ronan O'Gara's La Rochelle (c)
    Where are Munster players going on their holidays - anywhere nice?
    Connacht A Vs Leinster A
    Women's Six Nations

An interview with the new groundsman from Clontarf RFC...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,236 ✭✭✭✭Buer

KaneToad wrote: »
    An interview with the new groundsman from Clontarf RFC...

Sounds like someone hasn't seen the state of the back pitch. Questions need to be answered.

Having said that, I think some kind of thorough, hard-nosed journalistic investigation into some of the haircuts in that Exeter pack is definitely called for.

Utah_Saint wrote: »

Last week Keith Wood did discuss Ulster for a bit on the AM show. Interestingly it wasn't Ger Gilroy presenting, it was the other guy Eoin. Not sure if that's a coincidence or not.

• Advertisement

Lowry wasn't great - a bit too determined to make something happen when nothing was on - and our backrow was outplayed.

MOTM was Hume, by a distance. Also,Marty Moore was great, which he often is for us.

Agree with all that. Hume was excellent, but Marty Moore was everywhere. Agree Lowry didn't have his best night.

I see Dan said they hoped to have a couple of players back for the semi final. I wonder if Addison is one of them. Hopefully him, Hendy and Carter are available. Not sure where we are with McGrath and Marshall?

Advertisement