Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

You are correct jaco, an oversight on my part.

I asked EPCR and they said they could provide the version that isn't available in Mexico.

91gyecpwYHL._AC_SS450_.jpg
    I had to laugh because my friends daughter lives in Mexico and he sent here a box.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

All Tayto are pish. And cheese and onion is the worst flavour of crisps. These things have been proven by science.

You are a wise man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

All Tayto are pish. And cheese and onion is the worst flavour of crisps. These things have been proven by science.

As a scientist I disagree. Come home after 12 pints of Guinness with a need for food and a Tayto cheese and onion sandwich is like heaven. Not great in the morning but live in the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

King crisps are the only crisps to go in a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

FACECUTTR wrote: »
    King crisps are the only crisps to go in a sandwich.

Oh god no, southern tayto, Brennan’s pan and real butter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

R217yCt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

I'd like to see Izzy, McCann, ReaJea, Doak, Reid all get a couple of matches. That's all I care about. I'm much more interested in whether EOS, TOT, Hume, Lowry, Baloucoune get on a touring (or "touring") Ireland side.

Sadly Izzy’s knee looked bad! Has a frame on in a insta picture!

Reid needs fast tracked!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭RuPi

launish116 wrote: »

Reid needs fast tracked!

He commented under the photo to say it’s his ACL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

And that he's out for "maybe 8 months"...

...which is until Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

And that he's out for "maybe 8 months"...

...which is until Xmas.

Awful news. Looks like a good player

• Advertisement

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Awful news. Looks like a good player

Indeed, has loads of potential. Wonder has the bulking up had an effect!

We’re jinxed with forwards!

All these big signings for Leinster/Munster any chance of another forward! We could be so lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Reid needs fast tracked!

Balls

He is quite a prospect.

To be fair is 8 months not quite short for an ACL? Maybe the science has got better in the few years, but players used to be out for about a year with it in the past. Maybe it depends on the extent of the tear?

bilston wrote: »
    Balls

He is quite a prospect.

To be fair is 8 months not quite short for an ACL? Maybe the science has got better in the few years, but players used to be out for about a year with it in the past. Maybe it depends on the extent of the tear?

Think Baloucoune was out from August to March with his?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Think Baloucoune was out from August to March with his?

Baloucoune had a hamstring Avulsion which would be different and less predictable than an ACL. Healy was out for 5 months with his. Ryan out for 9. Ultimately it ended Johnny Hollands career

Baloucoune had a hamstring Avulsion which would be different and less predictable than an ACL. Healy was out for 5 months with his. Ryan out for 9. Ultimately it ended Johnny Hollands career

Ah okay, cheers.

Izzy upgraded contract to 2023! Big vote of confidence on someone with little 15s experience let alone the recent sad injury! Looking forward to him getting back. Definitely seems to have the mentality to succeed!

Brilliant. And more announcements, apparently?

Really hope Mathewson is one. Just one more year, 'til Doak and Finlay step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Great contract news for the young man, hope he uses the next 8 months to bulk up and come back like a tank.
    Fingers crossed for his recovery.
    Exciting prospect.

Brilliant. And more announcements, apparently?

Really hope Mathewson is one. Just one more year, 'til Doak and Finlay step up.

We can only hope another loose head/back row....

We can only hope another loose head/back row....

Am I alone in assuming there's no-one else coming in?

Another year for Bradley Roberts or, as Ulster Rugby puts it - "Another year of the mullet 💁*♂️"

• Advertisement

Bill Johnston gone to Ealing as "injury cover on short-term deal".

Might just be a way of getting him to line out for them this season, before joining them officially next.

Bill Johnston gone to Ealing as "injury cover on short-term deal".

Might just be a way of getting him to line out for them this season, before joining them officially next.

Was thinking that also

Good luck to Bill. Good player, and sorry it hasn't worked out as hoped, no one's fault, just loads of competition.

Great news about Izzy, hopefully he gets back by Christmas, when you think of his development this year, his potential is huge.

bilston wrote: »
    Great news about Izzy, hopefully he gets back by Christmas, when you think of his development this year, his potential is huge.

Definitely, madness no other provinces picked him up. Just shows you with the right mind set anything’s possible!

Definitely, madness no other provinces picked him up. Just shows you with the right mind set anything’s possible!

What's pleasing about both today's signings is that they're both with us because they've shown a great deal of resilience. Both have been passed over by different teams and organisations, but are both clearly prepared to knock their pans in.

Am I alone in assuming there's no-one else coming in?

Another year for Bradley Roberts or, as Ulster Rugby puts it - "Another year of the mullet 💁*♂️"

Well deserved

He's needed as well with McBurney leaving. Herring will spend a bit of time with Ireland, so that leaves Andrew, Roberts and Stewart.

https://twitter.com/JP_Petrie/status/1383791387540262916?s=20

Also rumour online is that Jack McGrath is getting his hip resurfaced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

• Advertisement

Gone for surgery?

Advertisement