Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

damianmcr wrote: »
    Swap Reidy and Rea. Lowry on the bench. McIlroy on the wing. Stockdale at 15.

Reidy for Rea I could see. I think Dan has used our bench as a weapon this last season - especially against the like of Edinburgh in the SF. The others I wouldn't be keen on, to be honest.

EDIT - Oh. You weren't opining. you were giving the actual team! Fair enough!

Ulster team to play Leicester Tigers, Challenge Cup Semi-Final, Friday 30 April at Mattioli Woods Welford Road Stadium (kick-off 8pm, live on BT Sport / beIN SPORTS):

(15-9) Jacob Stockdale, Robert Baloucoune, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8) Eric O’Sullivan, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Matty Rea, Jordi Murphy, Nick Timoney.

Replacements: John Andrew, Andrew Warwick, Tom O’Toole, Kieran Treadwell, Sean Reidy, Alby Mathewson, Michael Lowry, Will Addison.

That's a big call on Lowry over Madigan.

That bench is great.

Night and day with the traditional panic of the last few years, when it gets to sixty minutes and Clive Ross / Wiehann Herbst / Brett Herron have to start making their mark from the bench. That's one of the least-lauded improvements Dan has made (or is in the process of making - still improvements to be made).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Big game for McIlroy. Can see why Stockdale is at 15, Nandolo is playing 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Wikidy wrote: »
    Big game for McIlroy. Can see why Stockdale is at 15, Nandolo is playing 11.

Is lyttle injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Is lyttle injured?

Good point.

If there is a chance he is injured, it probably means he is.

bilston wrote: »
    Good point.

If there is a chance he is injured, it probably means he is.

Drollery aside, I don't think he is. McIlroy better under the high ball?

Sam Carter in full contact training, looks like. (Also Marcus Rea, Tom Stewart, Callum Reid, Conor McMenamin, Angus Curtis, Ben Carson, David McCann)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think Ulster will win this. If they can get the backs some good ball and get it out wide, I think Leicster will struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Dubinusa wrote: »
    I think Ulster will win this. If they can get the backs some good ball and get it out wide, I think Leicster will struggle.

Definitely going to be like Saints! Hold the line and as they tire our backs will tear them apart. Barolo will be a handful going forward, will struggle in retreat.

• Advertisement

I think we'll lose, but I'm in pessimistic form.

Leicester on paper look decent. A very good front row and back row, experienced half backs, Scott and Naholo are test match players. It will be tough. It will be interesting to see how Leicester approach it. Teams that try to overpower tend to get found out in the end. If we can ride the Leicester wave in the first half then we can do it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,755 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We're going to win. Wee buns.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,506 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think Ulster by about 8.

A lot will ride on maul and pillar defense, and on the centres pressurising up and in.

Leicester have many loose cannons, so hopefully ulster can frustrate them into cards.

Ulster's back line is better, and I expect balacoune to be the best wing on display.

awec wrote: »
    We're going to win. Wee buns.

If we lose, Awec...

If we lose, Awec...

Nuciforas fault.

Nuciforas fault.

Done

>vigorous handshake<

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

Virtually everyone thinks Ulster are favourites.

I dont know if this makes me more or less worried. If coetzee was playing id be all aboard the hype train but I'm not sure if we'll be able to fully contain their physicality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Looking forward to the game. Think Ulster will win.

Scythica wrote: »
    Virtually everyone thinks Ulster are favourites.

I dont know if this makes me more or less worried. If coetzee was playing id be all aboard the hype train but I'm not sure if we'll be able to fully contain their physicality

I'm with you

I think our pack needs to deliver big time tonight. But then you'd expect nothing less for a European semi final.

First European game for Hendo this season. Lets see what difference he makes. He's one of the ones the Lions coaches are there to see.

• Advertisement

Final has been moved to Twickenham. Team might as well have bought holiday homes in England.

Final has been moved to Twickenham. Team might as well have bought holiday homes in England.

If we get there!

10k fans allowed, so some atmosphere I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

bilston wrote: »
    If we get there!

10k fans allowed, so some atmosphere I suppose

Just got a ticket in expectation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

This game is really going to be to close to call! Hopefully a card doesn’t ruin it.

Ulster by 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Ulster by 10.

Baloucoune needs to do better there. He lost the ball in contact last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Lovely try. That was coming

• Registered Users Posts: 24,014 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Eod100 wrote: »
    Lovely try. That was coming

No try.

Match thread opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No try.