Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

At this rate Ospreys won’t get the worst humping this weekend, terrible for the league these inferior teams getting pumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That Munster score was 64-7 repeat on here. 30 to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Can they get a BP. Awful score at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is an utter humiliation. Ulster honestly don't deserve a bonus from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Is it too early to call Faddes utter poison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Well that was utter ****e...players need to be tore a new one...

What were they doing in preseason...flower arranging?!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clegg wrote: »
    Is it too early to call Faddes utter poison?

Haha that would be so funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

That is a proper dicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Well that was utter ****e...players need to be tore a new one...

Hume looked very good in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Hume does look very good...... stole a BP lads. Not all bad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Weird one, I'd have taken a point before the game began.

Slight overreaction from some, although weirdly mainly by Leinster fans!

Still it was a poor night.

Agree Hume was the one shining light, although he did get done badly for one of the Cheetahs tries, but he does look a class act.

Anyway I did say the other day 6 points from these 2 games was a decent return. We can still do that.

Lineout was a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We really should change to the French TBP system.

No team that loses by 37 points should be able to earn a point.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

We really should change to the French TBP system.

No team that loses by 37 points should be able to earn a point.

Used in Super Rugby too

It's a much better system and you don't get teams giving up so easily either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

bilston wrote: »
    Weird one, I'd have taken a point before the game began.

Slight overreaction from some, although weirdly mainly by Leinster fans!

Still it was a poor night.

Agree Hume was the one shining light, although he did get done badly for one of the Cheetahs tries, but he does look a class act.

Anyway I did say the other day 6 points from these 2 games was a decent return. We can still do that.

Lineout was a shambles.

Ospreys result put in perspective by their hammering to a Leinster side shorn of their Irish RWC squad members. We really need to beat Southern Kings. Both Munster and Cardiff won there.
    Cheetahs look a class act and if they reproduce anything like home form away from home then they will be title contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Ospreys result put in perspective by their hammering to a Leinster side shorn of their Irish RWC squad members. We really need to beat Southern Kings. Both Munster and Cardiff won there.
    Cheetahs look a class act and if they reproduce anything like home form away from home then they will be title contenders.

Yes but additionally a full strength Cheetahs have been playing fully competitive rugby while Ulster have faffed about against under strength Glasgow in 2 friendlies and under strength Ospreys. Ulster are considerably short of their best 15. I would imaging having McGrath, Moore, Henderson, Burns, McCloskey, Addison, Baloucoune, Stockdale, Coetzee and Murphy in the starting side might have made it closer. They still may not have won but they would have put a different complexion on it.

Our back row depth is still very poor. Rea and Ross wouldn't get a start at any other province. Reidy would make a bench and Jones is given a bye as it's early in his Ulster senior career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Our back row depth is still very poor. Rea and Ross wouldn't get a start at any other province. Reidy would make a bench and Jones is given a bye as it's early in his Ulster senior career.

Funny i thought Rea was your best starting backrow on the field and Ross brought real energy. Faddes was a disgrace and reidy / jones missed a straight up tackle for a try. Your lineout was a shambles and Sam carter again missed 2 tackles for tries. Its your big signings that are leaving you down. it will take them a while to bed in but faddes missed tackles in the back field are very worrying. Lowry was a vast improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I have to say that Faddes looked very light in defence both games so far. Particularly poor v Cheetahs

Faddes was poor on Saturday. Half hearted at times, but then he was very good against the Ospreys, albeit with the odd mistake.

Against the Ospreys our lineout was very good, and Carter was a big part of that. I don't know what went wrong at the weekend.

It was disappointing, the lads will hopefully get a kick up their arses. A BP win over the Kings means we can still rescue the mini tour.

As for the Cheetahs, they look very impressive. This might just be their breakthrough season in the Pro 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

bilston wrote: »
    Faddes was poor on Saturday. Half hearted at times, but then he was very good against the Ospreys, albeit with the odd mistake.

And v Glasgow was missing tackles.

Not sure at all about him over others in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ulster are aware the game is in Port Elizabeth?

https://twitter.com/UlsterRugby/status/1182291614452129797?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Ulster are aware the game is in Port Elizabeth?

https://twitter.com/UlsterRugby/status/1182291614452129797?s=19

Team is in Cape Town, think they're traveling this evening or tomorrow morning to Port Elizabeth. Probably something to do with giving the lads a break between the travel as they would've flown into Cape Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Well that was an exciting start. Forwards running onto the ball and McCloskey looking dangerous, love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

McCloskey off. He was clutching his leg, so I really hope we didn't rush him back too soon.

Didn't see the game, bar the last 2 minutes, sounds like it was a scrappy second half.

Nonetheless we go home with 6 points in the bag, so in terms of outcome a good return, if not perfect performance wise (definitely not perfect last week)

Big improvement on last week albeit against a much poorer side. Despite last week's hammering we come out of the two South African games with more points than Munster did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭launish116

Herring has been called up, heading to Japan to replace Cronin. Best of luck to him.

launish116 wrote: »
    Herring has been called up, heading to Japan to replace Cronin. Best of luck to him.

I think Ireland won't beat NZ so Rob Herring will be back quite soon with Ulster. Even if he is not Ulster has strength in depth at hooker.

• Advertisement

So....Now that the WC distraction is over we can get back to the important stuff....Ulster.

At home to Cardiff this Friday. I expect a good performance and a BP win.

Not sure how the team will look. Will Herring be expected back in time?

Michael Lowry missed the Kings game with injury. Haven't heard if he's back yet. Could be a similar team as we put out for Kings.

Advertisement