Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This is going to turn into a hammering if Ulster don't start winning collisions.

The first Stormers try was just a great counterattack from them. But the second one was the Stormers pushing the Ulster defensive line back in every phase.

Getting killed at the breakdown too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Get Gilroy off the field

Lowry pulling something from nothing is Ulsters only effective attacking plan.

Once it gets to standard phase play the Stormers are murdering Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭launish116

how was that not a penalty try?

Gilroy needs to change his boots

No idea why we didn't have a penalty try there.

• Advertisement

Even more concerning didn't seem like anyone even challenged the ref?

Gilroy is playing for the stormers I swear.

In another era Rob Herring would be Ireland's starting hooker. Excellent player. He's unfortunate that he's competing with two freaks in Kelleher and Sheehan.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Croohur1

Really poor reffing affecting both sides in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Shehal

Ah so being on you're feet isnt a thing anymore? The Stormers winger is allowed tackle, fall on the ground and then without moving allowed to steal the ball while kneeling on a player on the ground....

• Advertisement

If we lose this it won't be because of the ref, it's because we've been on their line four times and left with no points.

Ulster have done everything in their power to NOT win this game.

Ulster should've won with a bonus point. They had multiple lineouts and 5m scrums which they couldn't convert. That knock on at the Stormers line

Ulster really exposed Stormers attacking game. Once they tightened things, kicked smartly up and played for territory the Stormers couldn't use their counterattacking game to get in behind the defence. Once that was taken away they didn't have the ability through phase play to break down Ulsters defence. Their wings have no kicking game and look to run everything. That can be taken advantage by other teams.

Ulster have noone to blame but themselves for that defeat.

Really should of won that game.

Still good to see Stewart, Reid, Milasovich, Murphy, Marshal all getting more game time.

Gilroy had a poor game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Disappointing, but I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the Bulls, and I'd take five points out of this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Robbed by the ref and TMO. Clearly the defender hit the ball deliberately forward with his hand and the Ulster player still grounded it over the line.

I think leaving the ref/TMO out of it, if we had played that game several seasons a go we'd of taken a thumping and crumbled after the first two scores.

Definitely more positives to take than negatives.

Random question but where has Declan Moore disappeared to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

TBH I didn't see a proper grounding but Stormers player did knock ball forward so at very least it should have been a 5m scrum to Ulster. The Ref wanted to give the scrum as his conversation with TMO indicated but TM0 prevailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

From the Belfast Telegraph

The United Rugby Championship’s head of match officials has admitted that Ulster’s controversially disallowed try in their 23-20 defeat to the DHL Stormers should have stood.

In an appearance on South African TV station SuperSport, Tappe Henning, who is in charge of all officials in the competition, said he believed the referee and TMO got the crucial decision wrong at DHL Stadium on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

Shame,happens all the time.stormers got robbed in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

So they should overturn the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Is that a serious comment?

When in the history of organised sport in any form has a decision been overturned due to a referee/ officials mistake?

Officials get it wrong and it's ****. Ulster can feel particularly aggrieved here given the strange carry on of the TMO.

But the result stands and you move on.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

When in the history of organised sport in any form has a decision been overturned due to a referee/ officials mistake?

22nd August 1998

😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I was going to post this exact example. Not that I'm bitter or anything

Ulster fans definitely should feel aggrieved they did enough to win but were denied the result of that effort

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

My point is that Ulster got fecked. Like the covid stricken matches that have been postponed, with sides given a 28 0 win. It was in jest! I should have elaborated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ah look you win you lose some, but obviously as an Ulster fan I'm pretty aggrieved. To beat the Stormers away would have been a big scalp for us.

At least we know we have the beating of them.

Advertisement