Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Would expect the same. Would like to see Marcus Rea off the bench - hoping he doesn't fall in between the senior team and the A team for most of the season.

From the safety of this thread, I have to say - I've been taken aback by the toxic morass of the Southern media post-RWC. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Update

Following his return from South Africa, Michael Lowry underwent ankle surgery and will be unavailable for 6-8 weeks.

The following players have sustained recent injuries and are also unavailable for selection this weekend:
    Rob Lyttle (back)
    Tommy O’Hagan (knee)

Lyttle and Lowry just can't stay fit. Its almost comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Update

Following his return from South Africa, Michael Lowry underwent ankle surgery and will be unavailable for 6-8 weeks.

The following players have sustained recent injuries and are also unavailable for selection this weekend:
    Rob Lyttle (back)
    Tommy O’Hagan (knee)

Lyttle and Lowry just can't stay fit. Its almost comical.

Lowry isn't that bad. Lyttle is though

Completely agree. Hopefully they can build over the years and they can be used as an example to other CMS schools in NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

The more our players are injured, the more I inflate how good they are in my head...Coetzee is the best backrower in Ireland, and Lyttle is the second most in form winger, coming in just behind Baloucoune. I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Addison looks to be training with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭launish116

Addison looks to be training with the team.

Ulster team to play Cardiff Blues, Guinness PRO14 Round 4, Friday 25 October 2019 at Kingspan Stadium (kick-off 7.35pm):

(15-9) Will Addison, Craig Gilroy, Luke Marshall, James Hume, Louis Ludik, Billy Burns (Capt.), John Cooney;

(1-8) Jack McGrath, John Andrew, Tom O’Toole, Alan O’Connor, Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements (16-23) Adam McBurney, Eric O’Sullivan, Ross Kane, Sam Carter, Nick Timoney, David Shanahan, Bill Johnston, Matt Faddes.

launish116 wrote: »
    Ulster team to play Cardiff Blues, Guinness PRO14 Round 4, Friday 25 October 2019 at Kingspan Stadium (kick-off 7.35pm):

(15-9) Will Addison, Craig Gilroy, Luke Marshall, James Hume, Louis Ludik, Billy Burns (Capt.), John Cooney;

(1-8) Jack McGrath, John Andrew, Tom O’Toole, Alan O’Connor, Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements (16-23) Adam McBurney, Eric O’Sullivan, Ross Kane, Sam Carter, Nick Timoney, David Shanahan, Bill Johnston, Matt Faddes.

Good team. Interesting that two of our big new signings, Carter and Faddes are on the bench. And wonder if O'Toole has passed O'Kane in the pecking order? Or maybe just giving him game time against relatively easy opposition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭launish116

Good team. Interesting that two of our big new signings, Carter and Faddes are on the bench. And wonder if O'Toole has passed O'Kane in the pecking order? Or maybe just giving him game time against relatively easy opposition?

With Carter & Faddes maybe a bit of rest & rotation? though Faddes bench slot is maybe to accommodate Addison and replace him if any niggles flair up early.

O'Toole does seem to be favoured currently, but as you say he may be getting game time against easy opposition. O'Toole has a bright future if he getting his scrummaging up to speed, easy to forget he is only 21.

McCloskey injured?

• Advertisement

launish116 wrote: »
    With Carter & Faddes maybe a bit of rest & rotation? though Faddes bench slot is maybe to accommodate Addison and replace him if any niggles flair up early.

O'Toole does seem to be favoured currently, but as you say he may be getting game time against easy opposition. O'Toole has a bright future if he getting his scrummaging up to speed, easy to forget he is only 21.

McCloskey injured?

McCloskey limped off in the last game, so I would guess so.

Probably an element of rotation still in certain positions, but you could make the argument that this is our strongest XV on paper. Faddes and Carter probably need a week or two off anyway.

I see Stewart Moore played for Malone v Banbridge on Saturday so hopefully he will be in the frame again soon

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not on live tv tonight. What a joke Eir are.

Hume off injured

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Scythica

awec wrote: »
    Not on live tv tonight. What a joke Eir are.

premier sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Its on SC4.

s4c

What is Reidy doing there?

A Joey

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/UlsterRugby/status/1187818605892849666?s=19

Nick Williams about to head to the wrong dugout...

Not pretty but a win will do rightly.

Some nice attacking patterns starting to emerge.

I see Stewart Moore played for Malone v Banbridge on Saturday so hopefully he will be in the frame again soon

Whoops. His name was used but he wasnt playing

Wasn't a great spectacle tonight. Faddes looked a lot better at 13 than he has done at 15.

Real shame about Hume's injury. Hope it isn't too bad.

bilston wrote: »
    Wasn't a great spectacle tonight. Faddes looked a lot better at 13 than he has done at 15.

Real shame about Hume's injury. Hope it isn't too bad.

Hume's been playing great stuff recently, so he must be disappointed with that. If McCloskey is still out then I assume Marshall will start at 12 and Curtis on the bench?

All my favourite backline players getting taken out - Baloucoune, Lyttle, McCloskey, Lowry and Hume. Starting to wonder if Coetzee requires a weekly sacrifice to keep himself injury free.

Hume's been playing great stuff recently, so he must be disappointed with that.

Even in the act of getting injured he was showing a bit of real class with the offload. Big shame if it's a big injury, I had a feeling that this was shaping up to be a breakthrough season for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

bilston wrote: »
    Even in the act of getting injured he was showing a bit of real class with the offload. Big shame if it's a big injury, I had a feeling that this was shaping up to be a breakthrough season for him.

The way he got injured reminded me of the way Bowe got injured v. Saints.

Ulster were awful. Cardiff would have won if they had fielded a back-line that didn't have the handling skills of Abu Hamza.

jacothelad wrote: »
    The way he got injured reminded me of the way Bowe got injured v. Saints.

Ulster were awful. Cardiff would have won if they had fielded a back-line that didn't have the handling skills of Abu Hamza.

Whats the verdict so far this season. We are not exactly missing loads of Internationals so is the performance more important than the result. Lets hope we can keep building into the Euro games.

• Advertisement

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Whats the verdict so far this season. We are not exactly missing loads of Internationals so is the performance more important than the result. Lets hope we can keep building into the Euro games.

We've won the games you'd have expected us to win and we lost the one game I thought we might struggle in, albeit I didn't see us conceding 60 points.

Slow burn so far.

The Cardiff game wasn't great.

Advertisement