Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Dan who? haven't seen him or Petrie mentioned once since Harlequinns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Yea they don't deny anything in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Ospreys v Ulster, Round 10 of the BKT United Rugby Championship, Sunday 18 February, 3pm, Swansea.com Stadium (live on ViaPlay and URC.tv).

With the URC celebrating the people and communities behind the professional players competing in the league through its Origin Round this week, Ulster Rugby recognises the important role of clubs and schools in player development, with 11 of this weekend’s starting 15 having come through the Ulster pathway.

(15-9) Will Addison (Upper Eden RFC), Mike Lowry (Dromore RFC), James Hume (Instonians RFC), Jude Postlethwaite (Lisburn RFC), Jacob Stockdale (Ballynahinch RFC), Jake Flannery (Kilfeacle RFC), Nathan Doak (Lisburn RFC);

(1-8) Andrew Warwick (Ballymena RFC), John Andrew (Ballymena RFC), Marty Moore (Barnhall RFC), Harry Sheridan (Civil Service RFC), Iain Henderson (C) (Belfast Academy RFC), David McCann (Cooke RFC), Marcus Rea (Ballymena RFC), Nick Timoney (Blackrock RFC).

Replacements: Tom Stewart (Belfast Academy RFC), Steven Kitshoff (Maties RFC), Scott Wilson (Dromore RFC), Cormac Izuchukwu (Tullamore RFC), Matty Rea (Ballymena RFC), Dave Shanahan (Clontarf RFC), Luke Marshall (Ballymena RFC), Ethan McIlroy (Ballynahinch RFC).

Very decent team.

Some interesting decisions - no Cooney or Burns to come on and rescue the game if there are issues.

Great to see Sheridan and Postlethwaite starting, and Scott Wilson and Izzy on the bench. Matty Rea ahead of Ewers or Reffell I'm not mad about, but he's there for the lineout apparently, which may be prioritised because Sheridan is a relatively short second row.

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Think you summed it up nicely - Jude, Sheridan, Wilson and McCann is enough to get me looking forward to it.

11/15 born in Ulster isn't bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I heard McCann on the 6pm news talking about Joe McCarthy, Ryan Baird and Craig Casey who he played with (and captained) at U20 level.

He said that they have all kicked on really well. He can't be alone at Ulster in thinking why players at other provinces kick on and Ulster lads don't. Obviously the players have to take responsibility themselves, but it happens far too often for it not be more of a fundamental group issue at Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Many a u20 talent squandered!

Hopefully Sheridan won't be the same bounced about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

What was his concern? Is he implying that Ulster are unable to bring the young academy lads on to the professional game?

What a diabolically bad first 15 minutes from both sides.

Not his concern, my concern. He simply pointed out the guys who he played with at 20s level who have kicked on.

Ulster can produce talented players, but they rarely kick on like Leinster and Munster players.

The question is why?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Tinter Box

Premier sports didn’t broadcast first 3 minutes. Looks like a blessing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Well DMF is a complete bluffer so maybe start there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Stockdale 2018 would have held that

Why does Flannery keep switching play when there's nothing going on on the other side of the ruck?

He must be looking for the kick but then realises the Ospreys have dropped back, maybe he is better just kicking it rather than running into a brick wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,420 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

What happened Marty Moore

I know we were looking forward to seeing Wilson and Izzy but I was hoping we'd see them in the last 15 when we're already ahead.

Henderson off too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

I wonder if he was carrying a knock, was getting monstered in the scrum.

Pretty brutal half altogether, but I'll take that

At least we're in front, but that was a pretty woeful 40 minutes of rugby. Although Ulster did start to string a few more passes together as the half went on.

Anscombe and Gilroy were making the point that Ulster are too flat out wide. I'd say Flannery needs to play a lot flatter in the first instance.

• Advertisement

I could be unkind, but I'll leave that for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Stockdale with more poor handling

That's indefensible from Stockdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭OldRio

Discipline is shocking from Ulster

Odds on ulster conceding a try v 13 men ???

• Registered Users Posts: 68,575 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Two teams with discipline issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Shame about the discipline because Ulster look they could defend Ospreys phase attack all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jesus Christ Ulster.

How have they managed to relieve pressure from the own 22, get an attack in Ospreys 22, then concede immediately?

Flannery (?) with an awful pass,

• Advertisement

Pay Billy Burns whatever he wants.

Advertisement