Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Lowry-Moore-Hume apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

Lowry-Moore-Hume apparently.

That would be pretty exciting, just can’t see Dan taking that much of a gamble!

According to KOTH on The Other Forum, who has proven to have the inside line.

According to KOTH on The Other Forum, who has proven to have the inside line.

KOTH would be pretty knowledgable!

Would be over the moon with that set up! Just foresee either Madigan or Faddes being in that lineup to bolster experience. Potentially by the end of the game we might get it though.

Easy to forget Benetton have been a bogey team for us in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭bilston

launish116 wrote: »
    KOTH would be pretty knowledgable!

Would be over the moon with that set up! Just foresee either Madigan or Faddes being in that lineup to bolster experience. Potentially by the end of the game we might get it though.

Easy to forget Benetton have been a bogey team for us in the past!

Faddes might be on the wing and Madigan could be at 15.

But you've got to back the young guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Buer

bilston wrote: »
    Addison out for several months following back surgery.

Seems to be flying under the radar somewhat. This is a huge blow to Ulster.

Addison's contract goes until 2022. If he doesn't see a sustained period of availability and fitness after this one, I think Ulster need to walk away. It looks like he's going to be out until 2021 anyway which means he'll have had 19 appearances in 2.5 seasons.

• Administrators Posts: 53,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Addison is lucky he's not a horse.

Buer wrote: »
    Seems to be flying under the radar somewhat. This is a huge blow to Ulster.

Addison's contract goes until 2022. If he doesn't see a sustained period of availability and fitness after this one, I think Ulster need to walk away. It looks like he's going to be out until 2021 anyway which means he'll have had 19 appearances in 2.5 seasons.

I know what you mean, but that's a great deal more than we got out of Coetzee, who lined out for us 5 times for us in his first two seasons. Now, he's indispensable. So I wouldn't be pulling the trigger just yet.

Well he is getting back surgery...so the hope would be that the operation fixes the problem. The back seems to have a problem for a while

Someone suggesting a rumour on uafc that is pretty worrying...or disappointing if true...around a possible contract buyout. Not sure how ITK the poster is. He doesn't even specifically name the player in question but I think we all know who it would be.

Ultimately the financial security of Ulster is more important so it might be a case of needs must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I think we all know it could only be Marcel Coetzee :/

If this is true then that's Ulster right back on the path to mediocrity.

Not gonna get my knickers in a twist just yet.

It was rumoured earlier in the year that Bulls wanted him.

Surely couldn’t see it happening now, though maybe for next season?

Would Bulls even be able to buy out his contract? Surely their finances wouldn’t cover it especially with COVID19? I would understand if it was a French,English,Japanese side but a SA side?

If the IRFU / Ulster are that desperate for cash they probably wouldn't need to buy out his full contract.

You'd wonder if the savings from having everyone at Ulster on furlough were offset against our losses, or those of the IRFU generally.

You'd wonder if the savings from having everyone at Ulster on furlough were offset against our losses, or those of the IRFU generally.

I doubt it would be a good look if UK taxpayers money was funding a Connacht rugby players income, but who knows. I'm sure Ulster have benefitted from Irish govt money somewhere along the line.

I take it the South had their equivalent of furlough though.

I doubt it would be a good look if UK taxpayers money was funding a Connacht rugby players income, but who knows. I'm sure Ulster have benefitted from Irish govt money somewhere along the line.

I don't think they did? Think there was a fair bit about the fact that they didn't have an equivalent, and we weren't supposed to be training etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

No furloughs, everyone took paycuts across the board but they didn't avail of wage subsidies.

• Advertisement

Really good team for tomorrow

Cooney
    Lowry
    Lyttle
    Moore
    Hume
    Gilroy
    Stockdale

McGrath
    Herring
    Moore
    Carter
    Henderson
    Rea
    Reidy
    Coetzee

Milanonvich and McCann on the bench

Ulster: Stockdale; Gilroy; Hume, Moore; Lyttle; Lowry, Cooney; McGrath, Herring, Moore; Carter, Henderson (capt); Rea, Reidy, Coetzee.

Replacements: McBurney, Milasinovich, O'Sullivan, O'Connor, McCann, Mathewson, Johnston, Ludik.

I like it.

Packs win games and with Lowry, Moore, Hume at the centre of the team, a pack with Coetzee, Hendo, Reidy will mean an easier ride. Milasinovich on for Moore and McCann on for Rea(?) in the second half.

First starting cap for Moore, first cap off the bench for McCann.

In an invigorating twist, McBurney was in fact, dropped for crunch games for being sh!t - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54358988 Imagine! Consequences for players who don't perform!

IS LIVE ULSTER THE MORRA NIGHT I AM EXCITE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Ulster: Stockdale; Gilroy; Hume, Moore; Lyttle; Lowry, Cooney; McGrath, Herring, Moore; Carter, Henderson (capt); Rea, Reidy, Coetzee.

Replacements: McBurney, Milasinovich, O'Sullivan, O'Connor, McCann, Mathewson, Johnston, Ludik.

I like it.

Packs win games and with Lowry, Moore, Hume at the centre of the team, a pack with Coetzee, Hendo, Reidy will mean an easier ride. Milasinovich on for Moore and McCann on for Rea(?) in the second half.

First starting cap for Moore, first cap off the bench for McCann.

In an invigorating twist, McBurney was in fact, dropped for crunch games for being sh!t - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/54358988 Imagine! Consequences for players who don't perform!

IS LIVE ULSTER THE MORRA NIGHT I AM EXCITE

Looking forward to this. I like McBurney. He is always up front any time he's interviewed, a quality often found in North Antrim folk 😉..... Glad to here he's been working hard after missing out on those big games.

Also good to see Gilroy back

Stand corrected on the Lowry, Hume, Moore partnership.

Though I thought Moore was a 13?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

launish116 wrote: »
    Stand corrected on the Lowry, Hume, Moore partnership.

Though I thought Moore was a 13?

He seems to alternate. That u20s try he score against Aus was from 12.

They're all Ulstermen to me, but JC is the only non Ukster born player in the backs. As I said I don't care...but it shows that the Academy is producing at the moment.

They're all Ulstermen to me, but JC is the only non Ukster born player in the backs. As I said I don't care...but it shows that the Academy is producing at the moment.

He basically is Ulster at this rate, Ulster have made him into the player he is now!

Forwards. The issue is, and has been for some years, forwards.

However, now begins the Reign of McCann.

• Advertisement

Forwards. The issue is, and has been for some years, forwards.

However, now begins the Reign of McCann.

Just need Allison and Rea Jnr follow suit now and we might finally have some depth on the table.

Advertisement