Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Glad Lowry gets a start at 10, but no Madigan in the squad again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Thought they might put the centres the other way round. Isn't 13 supposed to be Moore's better position? I'm looking forward to seeing him play anyway. That was some try he scored against Australia for the U20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Wikidy wrote: »
    Glad Lowry gets a start at 10, but no Madigan in the squad again?

Madigan is here for a year to allow Lowry and Johnston to get up to speed. Not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Thought they might put the centres the other way round. Isn't 13 supposed to be Moore's better position? I'm looking forward to seeing him play anyway. That was some try he scored against Australia for the U20s.

Wasn't that a quality Aussie team? Was Jordan Petaia in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

I was thinking the same.

Hume is more a bulldozer 12 and Moore skilful 13

• Advertisement

launish116 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same.

Hume is more a bulldozer 12 and Moore skilful 13

I think they are both 12s

bilston wrote: »

Wasn't that a quality Aussie team? Was Jordan Petaia in it?

Think they lost in the final to France. They put quite a big score on Ireland after Baird got sent off.

bilston wrote: »
    I think they are both 12s

I seem to remember the talk being of how Moore was better at 13 but was playing 12 because Liam Turner was a 13/wing and the other guy who could fill in at 12 was Cormac Foley, a scrumhalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Think they lost in the final to France. They put quite a big score on Ireland after Baird got sent off.

I think it was quite close for most of it t the point you wouldnt even know about the Baird red card but then there was 5 minutes from hell where Australia got 3 converted tries and just like that it went from 10-17 to 31-17 and they just ran a muck after that as I think at that point the red really took its toll.

Pace of this game is insane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Scythica

This is great craic to watch.

Young pups doing well so far

Scythica wrote: »
    This is great craic to watch.

Young pups doing well so far

Stewart Moore has looked very sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

So frustrating having a subscription for Sky Sports, BT Sports and Eir Sport yet the match is on Premier Sport, which I also have, but it's Geo-blocked so I can't watch it in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

cloneslad wrote: »
    So frustrating having a subscription for Sky Sports, BT Sports and Eir Sport yet the match is on Premier Sport, which I also have, but it's Geo-blocked so I can't watch it in Dublin.

Give me a 'V'.
    Give me a 'P'
    Give me an 'N'
    Whatcha got? A rugby game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Rea carrying very well tonight, he has these games every now and again but needs consistency.

Rea carrying very well tonight, he has these games every now and again but needs consistency.

Man of the match! Needs to set that as the standard going forward and show some consistency.

Treviso going to take some scalps this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Why didn't Benetton go for 3 at the end? Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

McCann and Moore had one great moment each, and if you think I'm going to start banging the drums about them just over that...then you're damn well right.

McCann looked quite capable at this level - Moore looks more than that. To the manor born.

We crumbled a bit in defense, but it's worth bearing in mind that Treviso scored two tries when we were down to 14 - after that, all they got was a penalty.

Not quite there, but much better than we had been since the restart.

5 points, 0 for Treviso, and no injuries that I noticed. I'll take it.

Sam Carter is still an empty jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,488 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Why didn't Benetton go for 3 at the end? Madness.

They were 11 down?

I'd have given Hume MotM maybe.

We drew at home against Treviso last season. We got 5 points this season while bedding in a bunch of youngsters.

Great game. Very entertaining, and good advert for the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I just saw the pathetic attempts at tackles there.
    He’s injured? He has to be carrying an injury

• Administrators Posts: 53,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He is fcuking rubbish.

Give me his jersey and I'll play for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Why is Carter is getting picked ahead of Treadwell?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

sydthebeat wrote: »
    They were 11 down?

D'oh!

McCann and Moore had one great moment each, and if you think I'm going to start banging the drums about them just over that...then you're damn well right.

Very impressed with them both. Moore just has it. McCann was very impressive...if only he'd beaten the last man for his break...what a try thay would have been!

Overall a good night, agree with the sentiment on Carter. O'Connor or Treadwell should be ahead of him. The prop "Gareth" put himself about as well when he came on.

McCann looked quite capable at this level - Moore looks more than that. To the manor born.

We crumbled a bit in defense, but it's worth bearing in mind that Treviso scored two tries when we were down to 14 - after that, all they got was a penalty.

Not quite there, but much better than we had been since the restart.

5 points, 0 for Treviso, and no injuries that I noticed. I'll take it.

I assume Coetzee was injured. Need to watch it back

Why is Carter is getting picked ahead of Treadwell?

No idea at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

I am all for signing imports if they make a difference and pass on their experience to the next generation...I’m not good with it when the come and just fill the jersey and no more.

Advertisement