Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

I can see the weans togging out against Leinster away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭launish116

I can see the weans togging out against Leinster away.

Indeed 7 weeks of testing our depth & rotation.

Ulster team to play Zebre Rugby, Guinness PRO14 Round 6, Monday 16 November 2020, at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi (kick-off 6pm UK / Irish time, live on Premier Sports):

(15-9) Michael Lowry, Craig Gilroy, Luke Marshall, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy, Bill Johnston, Alby Mathewson;

(1-8) Eric O’Sullivan, John Andrew, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Sam Carter (Capt.), Greg Jones, Jordi Murphy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Adam McBurney, Andrew Warwick, Gareth Milasinovich, David O’Connor, Sean Reidy, David Shanahan, Ian Madigan, Rob Lyttle.

• Administrators Posts: 53,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

launish116 wrote: »
    Then throw in between them matches

December 26th Connacht v Ulster
    January 2nd Ulster v Munster
    January 9th Leinster v Ulster

That’s a serious 7 weeks of continuous rugby.

We'll probably throw the games away to Connacht and Leinster. Normal service.

Ulster team to play Zebre Rugby, Guinness PRO14 Round 6, Monday 16 November 2020, at Stadio Sergio Lanfranchi (kick-off 6pm UK / Irish time, live on Premier Sports):

(15-9) Michael Lowry, Craig Gilroy, Luke Marshall, Stewart Moore, Ethan McIlroy, Bill Johnston, Alby Mathewson;

(1-8) Eric O’Sullivan, John Andrew, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Sam Carter (Capt.), Greg Jones, Jordi Murphy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Adam McBurney, Andrew Warwick, Gareth Milasinovich, David O’Connor, Sean Reidy, David Shanahan, Ian Madigan, Rob Lyttle.

Really? We're risking Coetzee away to Zebre?

Good to see Jones, McIlroy. Johnston. Moore (S) starting, Glad to see O'Connor Jnr on the bench.

I presume we're pushing for the 5.

• Advertisement

Really? We're risking Coetzee away to Zebre?

Good to see Jones, McIlroy. Johnston. Moore (S) starting, Glad to see O'Connor Jnr on the bench.

I presume we're pushing for the 5.

Also thought Coetzee be rested! This would be the game for McCann/Allison.

Hume must be injured? That will be Stewarts 6th game in a row.

Also thought Marty Moore might of got a rest.

Was there ever a medical update? McGrath?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Pretty disappointed with that bench, but we're obviously trying to pick up as may points as possible before the scheduled loss to Leinster.

Unlucky for Treadwell, he's been excellent and should be playing more.

A lot to like about that backline though - Moore gets another start, which is a big vote of confidence from the coaches, McIlroy gets his first start (I think) and Johnston gets game time to show what he's capable of. Lowry constantly improving at fullback.

Pretty disappointed with that bench, but we're obviously trying to pick up as may points as possible before the scheduled loss to Leinster.

Unlucky for Treadwell, he's been excellent and should be playing more.

A lot to like about that backline though - Moore gets another start, which is a big vote of confidence from the coaches, McIlroy gets his first start (I think) and Johnston gets game time to show what he's capable of. Lowry constantly improving at fullback.

Think we’re maybe short in the centre with McCloskey away, Humes been awol for 3 weeks now. Curtis is still injured. Albeit great exposure for Stewart though.

Think we’re maybe short in the centre with McCloskey away, Humes been awol for 3 weeks now. Curtis is still injured. Albeit great exposure for Stewart though.

Oh yea, forgot we're down a few centres. In a parallel universe Chris Farrell and Stuart Olding would be lining up for us tomorrow.

Just looking at the other games we'll have to give youngsters a chance...

Barring any massive upheavals in form, and leaving aside inter-pros, which have their own selection logic, at home to Zebre and away to Dragons are the two that we could afford to allow youngsters to make mistakes. Scarlets maybe, although they might have turned a corner last night.

Would like a wee update on injuries as well - O'Toole and Curtis especially.

• Advertisement

Would like a wee update on injuries as well - O'Toole and Curtis especially.

Wee clip of team training https://youtu.be/dbD9elIobhk

Have we had weekly medical updates this season?
    McGrath, Hume potentially also injured? Faddes leg is seriously bandaged also.

Wee clip of team training https://youtu.be/dbD9elIobhk

Have we had weekly medical updates this season?
    McGrath, Hume potentially also injured? Faddes leg is seriously bandaged also.

Sexton and Tom Stewart amongst the youngsters in there, I think.

Hayden Hyde also, if he fills out he’s gonna be bigger than most of our forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Stewart Moore basically lost last season of his development to injury and Covid so I'm glad to see him get a run of games. He has slipped in there very nicely. Yes his defence needs to improve, but that's usually the way with young centres. Hume is a good example of this. His defence has come on a lot in the last 18 months to 2 years since he first played.

Glad to see Greg Jones get a start at 6...I think he is quite underrated, still disappointed we aren't seeing McCann or Allison. I guess they will get a run in the annual Christmas beating at the RDS. Also, as I said last week, Dan has to make sure he keeps the squad onside, he has to give the likes of Jones, Johnston and Shanahan game time.

Interesting back three. I've felt that Gilroy needed a run of games to rediscover his form and he is getting that now, so it's time for him to deliver. Ethan McIlroy seems an exciting prospect, his running style isn't unlike Tommy Bowe. I think we should watch his progress with interest.

Forecast for Parma is for mist tomorrow...hopefully it won't be impact upon our viewing of the match.

Don't think Stewart was there, is he not out with a bad hamstring injury? Ben Carson was there I think - 1st year academy centre, but he's built a little like a hooker.

Don't think Stewart was there, is he not out with a bad hamstring injury? Ben Carson was there I think - 1st year academy centre, but he's built a little like a hooker.

Aye Carson is floating around there with a beard.

Aye Carson is floating around there with a beard.

Ah I saw the mop of curls and thought it was Stewart.

Ah I saw the mop of curls and thought it was Stewart.

Good to see Allison in the middle of it also.

https://www.the42.ie/michael-lowry-u...67527-Nov2020/

Interesting from Lowry. Nice attitude to widening his skillset.

How many times did Coetzee carriy in the build up to that try?

• Advertisement

Good patient try

Thats really frustrating if that's a try because it was never a forward pass by Johnston in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Bit jealous of ye getting Nugent and Trimble for commentary on a Monday when Connacht got what I can only assume was a forensic accountant who won a "commentator for a day" competition on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,430 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's a try

Why the feck are we not taking 3 points!

Awful decision making to go to the corner there.

bilston wrote: »
    Awful decision making to go to the corner there.

Thought that also, but can’t argue that second try’

Thought that also, but can’t argue that second try’

Yeah, it was the right decision to go to the corner on that penalty, but the previous one was in the 22 and dead in front of the posts.

Worry if they get this game in the bag before half time, they’ll switch off.

• Advertisement

Lowry of all people getting a charge down, that 15 will be embarrassed.

Advertisement