Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin S60

Options
  • 28-04-2019 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

My ancient SkyCaddie GPS watch has finally given up the ghost so I’m looking for a new watch, and the Garmin S60 has caught my eye.

Has anyone here got one? What’s the verdict?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭newindublin

I have the S20, which is a very solid golf watch. Were I shopping today I would go for the S40, which is the latest from Garmin.

The S40 is basically the same golf capabilities as the S60. They cut out some of the non-golf related stuff/sensors and as a result dropped the price a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have the S60 and I'm very happy with it. I wanted a watch i could wear off the golf course too and it's perfect for me that sense. There is a huge amount of features which I thought at first would be wasted on me but I do finding I'm using most of them except swing tempo. The features I like most are 'plays like', shots/clubs tracking and being able to select a point on a hole to figure out distance to hazard. The shot tracking can take a while to get used to because you need to select what club you've hit after every shot. Think I paid 300 for mine but I also use it for cycling and every day use like notifications, steps, sleep analysis etc.

Ultimately I think if you just want a watch to quickly give you distances then go with something cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

The "plays like" feature on the S60, that is still prohibited from using during a competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

martinkop wrote: »
    The "plays like" feature on the S60, that is still prohibited from using during a competition?

Yes as far as I know but there is an option on the watch to put it in competition mode so it's disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

Has anyone experienced incorrect distances on their S60? On 2 holes in particular in my local club, i get a measurement on the watch that is a good bit off when standing at the 150m and 100m markers. For example on one hole, when i stand on the 150m marker the watch displays 137m and on the 100m marker it displays 90m. This happens on about 5 of the 18 holes on the course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

OP, with sky caddie are you still tied into a 12 month subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

coggy79 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced incorrect distances on their S60? On 2 holes in particular in my local club, i get a measurement on the watch that is a good bit off when standing at the 150m and 100m markers. For example on one hole, when i stand on the 150m marker the watch displays 137m and on the 100m marker it displays 90m. This happens on about 5 of the 18 holes on the course.

Are you sure those markers are metres and not yards?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Are you sure those markers are metres and not yards?

Hi Mantis, they're in meters. I've stood beside a couple of guys with other GPS' and all read correct except my S60.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Might need a update. Or if you ring them I always found them very helpful have to say doe Im not a fan of the gps watches. I use the Garmin G3 years old now still works great doe.

Thanks benny, i updated the device but still no luck. I have been onto Garmin and they have offered a full refund on return of the device. It's a pity as i really liked the watch both on and off the course! May look into a handheld device instead now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement