Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonableness of remedy

Options
  • 28-04-2019 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there.

I bought a new tablet 3 months ago. It has developed a minor fault (no longer reading fingerprints on the scanner).

The seller admits the product is faulty and has offered to repaid it. The repair will take 6 weeks as they have to send it to the manufacturers.

Personally I feel that's not a reasonable remedy due to the length of time needed to make a repair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

You'd be right in my opinion but the legislation does not impose specific time limits. You can judge for yourself here:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2003/si/11/made/en/print
    (5) Where the remedy of repair or replacement is provided the repair or replacement shall be completed within a reasonable time and without any significant inconvenience to the consumer, taking account of the nature of the goods and the purpose for which the consumer required them.

Advertisement