Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Made a browser extension for boards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

New update includes auto-scrolling to the next page of threads?
    Very nice but you are killing my productivity. I've no reason to stop after the first page now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 s_mcloughlin

d31b0y wrote: »
    New update includes auto-scrolling to the next page of threads?
    Very nice but you are killing my productivity. I've no reason to stop after the first page now.

Yes, thats correct :) I guess thats not the worst problem to have, I'm probably going to make it a configurable option anyways so you needn't worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just came across this, really nice work. Thank you! Does it work on mobile chrome?

Edit: NVM, Chrome mobile doesn't support extensions. Boourns.

chrislad wrote: »
    Just came across this, really nice work. Thank you! Does it work on mobile chrome?

Edit: NVM, Chrome mobile doesn't support extensions. Boourns.

Cheers!

Hi guys, have released a new version (v1.3.0) containing a new feature to tag users.

Click on the tag icon near the username to open the dialog, and then enter text/colour.

Feedback and suggestions welcome!

• Advertisement

Maybe beside that tag, you could have quicker access to the quote, multi-quote, quick reply and thank buttons.

Maybe beside that tag, you could have quicker access to the quote, multi-quote, quick reply and thank buttons.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure that it would be straightforward, some of those buttons have event listeners on them, which may make them difficult to move.

What would be possible would be to un-hide them and perhaps make them smaller. I might take a look into this - it does require an extra click to thank/quote a post at the moment

Another suggestion if you are still working on this.
    I'm forever scrolling to the top or bottom and cause the page to reload instead of what I want to do which is click on a page number and go to a specific page. Is there a way you could keep the page numbers in place?

I'm forever scrolling to the top or bottom and cause the page to reload instead of what I want to do which is click on a page number and go to a specific page. Is there a way you could keep the page numbers in place?

I had considered letting the page numbers float on the corner of the screen at one point, but it didn't really work out in the end. This might be a better solution - it would be possible to leave them in place before/after the page break

I'll have a look anyways - I'm still doing some work here and there on this, just at a more reduced pace, but in the next few weeks I'll do a release - all going well I may include this functionality

Thanks for the suggestion anyways

I've implemented functionality to keep the page numbers in place in the latest version (v1.4.3). Should now be easier to navigate to a specific page

Unrelatedly, I've also changed the "Hide Post Whitespace" to be off by default - I thought it might be a bit intrusive initially. It may need to be re-enabled for some users

• Advertisement

Still loving this addon. Wanted to come back and say that it seems to work perfectly with the new Edge browser as it's Chromium based.

Still loving this addon. Wanted to come back and say that it seems to work perfectly with the new Edge browser as it's Chromium based.

Thats great to hear :) interesting - I hadn't considered using it with Edge, and it would be worthwhile to do so - I'll take a look into deploying it to the MS extension store

Hey all, after 4 years since the last post here, an update is overdue

The extension is still being actively developed, and has a small but steady user base. There were some issues a while back after the boards.ie site migration, but gradually the previous functionality has been restored.

See the extension listing for the current features (still mostly the same) and up to date screenshots: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boards-companion/jiihifgkaabfcfdnmjnedklalpgcmgke

A feature to filter by thanked posts has also recently been added.

One note to mention: user tagging was removed post migration. Personally I didn't use this much, however it might be something to consider bringing back in the future

Advertisement