Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a database?

Options
  • 28-04-2019 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭

Hey all, iv'e been gaming for quite a long time and probably have hundreds of games across a dozen platforms. I thought it'd be fun to make a database to keep track of them (after i nearly re-bought Voodoo Vince because i couldn't remember if i had it or not :( ). Microsoft Access isn't really what i'm after because it doesn't seem to be able to cross-reference by genera, platform, series and the like, unless i'm just doing it wrong. I'm not terribly familiar with the program.

I was wondering if any of the big-timers around here had any suggestions for what sort of database to use?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Backloggery.com seems good.

^ Probably the way to go.

You could do this in Access for sure, better again SQL but there would be a bit of learning involved. If you wanted to go down that route start at the planning stage and entity relationships diagrams and normalisation.

Doing some work in this area for a college project at the minute and having all kinds of headaches due to mistakes made in the planning and design stages.

Advertisement