Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need suggestion - Is it ok to buy new house in Lucan close to Weston Airport?

Options
  • 28-04-2019 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Friends,

I'm looking to buy a new property in Lucan. I've seen there are good number of options in Lucan like New Park, Shackleton park, Somerton, St.Helens etc. I've heard that Lucan's a quiet and peaceful place. But now i'm worried that all these site plans are very close to Weston airport so not sure if there's any noise with planes going to/fro this airport. Can anyone share their opinions or experiences on this please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭kaymin

harika317 wrote: »
    Hi Friends,

I'm looking to buy a new property in Lucan. I've seen there are good number of options in Lucan like New Park, Shackleton park, Somerton, St.Helens etc. I've heard that Lucan's a quiet and peaceful place. But now i'm worried that all these site plans are very close to Weston airport so not sure if there's any noise with planes going to/fro this airport. Can anyone share their opinions or experiences on this please?

I don't live in those estates but spend alot of time close to Weston airport - it's predominantly hobby pilots that use the airport and their planes aren't that loud. I don't think they would bother me if I lived under their flight path.

Weston sought planning permission to extend their runway so executive jets could fly in but they were turned down recently:

https://dublingazette.com/news/weston-airport-24342/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

These places have a Ryanair-esque interpretation of "Lucan".

They are not Lucan. They are Adamstown. Nevertheless, some good options there for first time buyers. There is serious competition for the new builds under 350k. If you in the market above that, demand and competition is still strong which is very positive, but you have options. Best of luck with it. Adamstown will only grow.

Advertisement