Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter bike.

Options
  • 28-04-2019 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I've been looking at a Suzuki V Stroms 650 as a starter bike. I'm 6ft and looking for a comfortable upright position bike. Anyone have one or is there better options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

woody84 wrote: »
    I've been looking at a Suzuki V Stroms 650 as a starter bike. I'm 6ft and looking for a comfortable upright position bike. Anyone have one or is there better options?

And ideal starter bike

Only problem is. You'll want to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

listermint wrote: »
    And ideal starter bike

Only problem is. You'll want to keep it.

I'll be quite happy to hang on to it for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'll be quite happy to hang on to it for awhile

I'd suggest bringing one for a spin then. As with anything ideal for some not ideal for others.

But the DL650 gets my vote as a great all round. I'm same height. Have mine 4 years.

Are they heavy? Too big for ibt? Instructor has a cbf600. Was gonna use it for the training and maybe test too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Are they heavy? Too big for ibt? Instructor has a cbf600. Was gonna use it for the training and maybe test too

You'll have to use it for the test as the DL doesn't meet the requirements for the A test.

CBF is balanced better, but to be fair it's probably one of the best balanced bikes going.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    You'll have to use it for the test as the DL doesn't meet the requirements for the A test.

CBF is balanced better, but to be fair it's probably one of the best balanced bikes going.

Yeah I seen that there now I checked the list.

Advertisement