Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

dudara wrote: »
    You haven’t answered clearly if you want an Admin review or not. It would be great if you can give a Yes/No answer. Thanks

Why is there a necessity for me to reply clearly when the question I posed wasn't answered?

It was spelt out to me that any positive outcome for me would result in an unwelcome precedent being set for future dispute resolutions from the soccer forum. What I took from that was that any review would reach the same conclusion, I asked was that correct and the question wasn't answered.

If there is a chance that I am incorrect in saying the review would reach the same conclusion then I'd happily ask for a review.

As it stands all I can do is assume that what I said is correct, and therefore a review would be pointless.

I feel I've been hard done by, but I'm not going to waste anyone's time in asking for a review to be carried out that isn't worth wasting time on.

I appreciate you don't want to set an unwelcome precedent and there is no scope for my ban being overturned, I'd just like you (collectively) to tell me straight (if my assumption is correct) that the review isn't worthwhile in light of the precedent issue that was previously raised.

I honestly thought this thread was going to be locked, that's the only reason I posted as I thought someone had forgotten to do that.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Any review carried out will be independent, that’s all I can promise you.

I can’t promise any result, as the review hasn’t yet been carried out.

°°°°°

Any review carried out will be independent, that’s all I can promise you.

I can’t promise any result, as the review hasn’t yet been carried out.

I'm not expecting anything to be promised to me, I'm not that entitled.

I understand that the review would independent, but surely the issue of precedent would weigh heavily on anyone carrying it out. If that is going to be an issue then the review would simply be wasting the admins time.

Glazers Out!

Do you want an Admin review or not? If you do not answer in the affirmative, I will close this thread and mark as resolved. You’ve have several offers from two different admins at this stage.

°°°°°

Do you want an Admin review or not? If you do not answer in the affirmative, I will close this thread and mark as resolved. You’ve have several offers from two different admins at this stage.

Yes, fire ahead. I'm kind of curious to see what the outcome will be.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

I’ll take on the review, but it will be a day or two before I can sit down properly to look into it. Hope that’s OK?

°°°°°

I’ll take on the review, but it will be a day or two before I can sit down properly to look into it. Hope that’s OK?

No problem at all.
    My only concern is that it isn't a waste of your time.
    Thanks for taking it on and for your efforts to come as well as your time thus far.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

The below post was made in the Liverpool thread on
    12/05/2019 23:45

I'm posting this here as it references "wumming" which I am told is seen as back seat modding(in this case not referencing an individual but a perceived group of people, which is within the remit of a moderators duties).
    I am curious to see if any action is taken against this post, in the Liverpool thread by a Liverpool fan. As I cannot access the forum whilst logged in I cannot report it.
    I felt it was relevant, even in a tangential manner to my own situation.

klose
    You'd be wasting oxygen/key strokes/brain cells etc engaging anybody who holds the notion that we bottled the league, its obvious wumming and the best part is you know its coming from behind extremely gritted teeth.

For ourselves, well what a great season league wise, disappointing to finish on 97 and not win it but City where just that fraction better than us and you have to hold your hands up and congratulate them.

So another three weeks untill the main event, our record after breaks away aint pretty we seem beyond sluggish and seem like a team that needs to play every 3-4 days so a three week break is far from ideal but hey spurs are in the exact same position.

Up the reds, season ain't over yet!"

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057977444/312

Glazers Out!

Apologies for the delay in getting to this. Life has been quite busy recently.

I don't understand why you posted the above last post. It is not relevant to your appeal. The DRP process focusses solely on your appeal, and the actions of others are not relevant here.

I've had a look at your post in the Soccer forum, and I have to admit that at first glance it didn't appear too bad. But part of the appeal review process is to look at the forum rules and norms in order to determine if the sanction was appropriate.

In your case, there is a clear charter section on the topic of back seat modding, and your post falls squarely into that category. Your post is a very clear callout on another poster's motives. That is back-seat modding and therefore a breach of the charter. When you suspect someone's motives, the standard process in the Soccer forum (and on Boards in general) is to use the Report Post function.

Can you understand why I have come to this conclusion, and can you offer any defense or mitigating factors that I should consider before I conclude on this? I am offering you this chance because I am well aware of the implications on you should I choose to uphold the card (and hence ban).

°°°°°

Apologies for the delay in getting to this. Life has been quite busy recently.

I don't understand why you posted the above last post. It is not relevant to your appeal. The DRP process focusses solely on your appeal, and the actions of others are not relevant here.

I've had a look at your post in the Soccer forum, and I have to admit that at first glance it didn't appear too bad. But part of the appeal review process is to look at the forum rules and norms in order to determine if the sanction was appropriate.

In your case, there is a clear charter section on the topic of back seat modding, and your post falls squarely into that category. Your post is a very clear callout on another poster's motives. That is back-seat modding and therefore a breach of the charter. When you suspect someone's motives, the standard process in the Soccer forum (and on Boards in general) is to use the Report Post function.

Can you understand why I have come to this conclusion, and can you offer any defense or mitigating factors that I should consider before I conclude on this? I am offering you this chance because I am well aware of the implications on you should I choose to uphold the card (and hence ban).

I maintain that what I said was not intended as back seat modding.
    I would never assume to engage in such behaviour and dislike being labelled as having engaged in it.
    However as the rules allow for this interpretation to be made I really don't see how I can hope to change anyone's mind.

The post I made displayed somebody using the same terminology that I did and not receiving any sanction. I am currently banned from the forum and as such could not report it.
    The reason I posted it was to show how there is an uneven use of the charter on that forum.
    It is relevant to my appeal inasmuch as it highlights how I have been censored for saying something that somebody else has been allowed to get away with.

To be honest, this whole process has shown me that the soccer forum is somewhere where any sort of debate amongst people with opposing opinions is futile, particularly if you aren't a supporter of the club the most active(seemingly) moderator supports. This hasn't been an isolated incident, and my appeal against my older bans wasn't entertained (which is fair enough) but those bans were laughable. I can appreciate people can get heated in soccer discussions, but I don't engage in abuse, I feel that the forum is little more than a collection of echo Chambers at this stage.

I appreciate you taking the time to look over it for me, thanks again.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement