Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP : inexpensive service just for incoming call

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What you need will be determined by what is doing the calling.

For instance you can have a totally free VOIP account registered to receive calls from any open SIP compliant VOIP service the caller is using.

If you want to have a geographic number for callers to dial from landlines then you can get such a number and have a service accept the call and attach it to your free VOIP and your receiver rings.

If you wish you can have separate account for outgoing calls only, so no geographical number involved, at very low cost per call.
    For such outgoing calls you can set the Caller ID to a number you own, such as geographic or mobile number.

I do not use VOIP phones at all .... never have ...... but have used gateway devices and router with VOIP capability along with standard phones, as well as an app on a mobile phone.

IMO, you need to determine exactly what you want in the long term so you get the right solution now.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

Thank you for your comment, make sense.

For information I found "Zadarma" which seems good enough, it's basically 3euros a month for a Irish phone number (cork in my case)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You can now choose to use their outgoing facility or use an alternate supplier for outgoing calls should the rates be substantially different.

Depending on needs it is sometimes prudent to have a different provider for specific calls to high cost destinations.

You seem to be set up for what you need.

;)

You can now choose to use their outgoing facility or use an alternate supplier for outgoing calls should the rates be substantially different.

Depending on needs it is sometimes prudent to have a different provider for specific calls to high cost destinations.

You seem to be set up for what you need.

;)

Yes, I'm lucky enough to have a French Mobile carrier in Ireland which allow me to have free phone everywhere and 25gb of internet so I just wanted a Irish number for incoming call.

Thank you again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Another option would be a dual SIM smartphone with your French SIM for data & outgoing calls and an Irish SIM for incoming calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sorry to but in, but I've taken the advice form further up and signed up for Zadarma, I want to use that service to recieve calls on a Voip land line phone plugged into a Vodafone router, is that possible?

I had to submit ID so cant use the acccount for 2 days until it's verified. After that, do I just plug the Voip phone into the router and receive calls on the number I have choosen?

Advertisement