Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Pension Contribution rates

• 28-04-2019 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

What sort of payments are people getting if there employer pays pension contributions .
    My employer pays 8% in and will match another 4% so for my contribution of 4% I’ve 16% going in each month .
    Is this above or below normal ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,289 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Vastly above normal. Matching to 5% is the norm.

Some US tech firms go higher, some places that have replaced a defined benefit scheme go higher; some places with strong unions go higher but 5% personal + 5% company is the norm. And probably nowhere near enough for most people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Dont ever leave :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭franglan

Was at a recent pension talk where we were told the average national total contribution percentage (employer + employee contributions) was 11%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm in a high tech company where the minimum contribution rate for an employee (once they opt in) is 3%. The company will match contributions between 5% -10% (depending on the grade of the employee). I can also make AVCs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

My employer matches our contribution +2% (e.g. we contribute 3%, they contribute 5%), up to a 5% employee contribution (at which point the employer contributes 7%). We can also add additional AVCs as well, though there's no further matching on those. Overall it's a pretty good deal and a bit better than the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I pay 3% employer pays 6%.

Advertisement