Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countryside eatery worth a visit.

• 28-04-2019 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

I've had the occasional moan on this forum, about various pubs & restaurants in Kilkenny I've found underwhelming in terms of the quality of the food on offer and the all-too-frequent feeling you're not getting great value for money.

On a more positive note, we trekked up to Mountain View golf club for lunch on Good Friday, after hearing good things about it from a couple of people. It's a really nice spot to eat in, with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside & a genuinely warm and engaging welcome from the staff & owner (usual disclaimer here - I've zero connection with the place).

The food was well presented & tasty - with wraps, burgers. soups & goats cheese tart all getting the thumbs up.

They do dinner also apparently.

Their website's under construction, so here's a couple of pics I took on the day.

IMG-20190419-134426.jpg

IMG-20190419-134038.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That's who was in Kernel, it's a pity she went down there as the food in Kernel was wonderful and interesting. Kernel is still good but she is an amazing chef.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Anyone playing golf out there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1984baby wrote: »
    Anyone playing golf out there?

Someone told me that they're getting rid of membership.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Is it suitable for kids, and what re the prices like for example a wrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I've had the occasional moan on this forum, about various pubs & restaurants in Kilkenny I've found underwhelming in terms of the quality of the food on offer and the all-too-frequent feeling you're not getting great value for money.

On a more positive note, we trekked up to Mountain View golf club for lunch on Good Friday, after hearing good things about it from a couple of people. It's a really nice spot to eat in, with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside & a genuinely warm and engaging welcome from the staff & owner (usual disclaimer here - I've zero connection with the place).

The food was well presented & tasty - with wraps, burgers. soups & goats cheese tart all getting the thumbs up.

They do dinner also apparently.

Their website's under construction, so here's a couple of pics I took on the day.

IMG-20190419-134426.jpg

IMG-20190419-134038.jpg

For people who might be interested in checking it out could you tell us where Mountain View is located please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

mountcisco wrote: »
    For people who might be interested in checking it out could you tell us where Mountain View is located please?

Ballyhale

Mountain View Golf Course
    Kiltorcan, Co. Kilkenny
    (056) 776 8122
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/QQrqtZMnWFEnghTi7

Advertisement