Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a place to replace phone screen

• 28-04-2019 9:09pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've totally trashed the screen on my pocophone f1. Anyone have recommendations on a place to replace it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Techstar are pretty good. They're on Henry St and in the Castletroy SC.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Cheers. The crew in Castletroy did a great job. Tbh i had forgotten they were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

Tree wrote: »
    Cheers. The crew in Castletroy did a great job. Tbh i had forgotten they were there.

Hey Tree, sorry to hijack your thread but came up on a search, I'm after putting a massive crack in my own Pocophone, trying to find somewhere in Dublin to fix it. Did the place you went to mention anything about needing special screen or anything?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Nope, they were able to order it from a central warehouse the following day and install it the day after. Not much of a choice of covers to prevent this in the future, but the screen repair was no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I was quoted a price of €240 for a screen replacement in Tech Star for my One Plus a few weeks back.

After a little shopping around, I got it done for €110 from We Repair in Nenagh. Definitely worth shopping around in the 'minor' repair shops as evidently Tech Star are quite a bit more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I was quoted a price of €240 for a screen replacement in Tech Star for my One Plus a few weeks back.

After a little shopping around, I got it done for €110 from We Repair in Nenagh. Definitely worth shopping around in the 'minor' repair shops as evidently Tech Star are quite a bit more expensive.

This was my experience too - Tech star were about 50% dearer than the next place I tried which was coincidentally We Repair in Nenagh - No connection I swear!

We Repair did charge me €10 euro for a glass screen protector - Next shop I bought them in they were €1 each....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

There's a guy at the bottom of Roches Street who is very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

Limerick Tech Centre opposite the train station are very reasonable. Ask for Saeed.

Advertisement