Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I have entitlement to get planning for a house where old cow shed with Corrugated

• 28-04-2019 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

My uncle has a 1/4 acre site he is going to give me - it has an old cow house with Corrugated iron roof. Since a building with a roof already exists on the site - do you think I would get planning for a dwelling house ? I heard that once the shed had a roof I should get planning. Thanks for replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭arctictree

harry999 wrote: »
    I heard that once the shed had a roof I should get planning

No relevance whatsoever to your planning application for a domestic residence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

If there was a habitable dwelling you'd be sailing.

A shed....nada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Not unless you're a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭harry999

ok - could I put a mobile home on the site and get planning in this way or is there anyway I could approach to get planning on this site ? Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ok - could I put a mobile home on the site and get planning in this way or is there anyway I could approach to get planning on this site ? Thanks

No, as a mobile also requires planning..

You're approach should be the same as everyone else. Engage a professional to assess the planning requirements, see if you and the site meet them, if not.... See if you can you resolve them

then apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Does the site have mains water and is there a connection for foul water to a mains sewer? If not I couldn't see 1/4 acre site getting permission for a dwelling.

No mains water - it is an elevated site - so there is running water connection from a spring on top of the hill.

if I put in windows + doors on the shed (the way it is built it has windows and doors like a bungalow - but current windows/doors have rotted) and live there for 2/3 weeks during the summer holidays - would I be then in a position to say it was my dwelling house and therefore put in for planning to knock it & put up a new bungalow ?? Thks for replies...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

if I put in windows + doors on the shed (the way it is built it has windows and doors like a bungalow - but current windows/doors have rotted) and live there for 2/3 weeks during the summer holidays - would I be then in a position to say it was my dwelling house and therefore put in for planning to knock it & put up a new bungalow ?? Thks for replies...

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I hear all these questions weekly and unfortunately it all comes from pub talk.
    Get a planning agent out to look.
    They will be able to tell you straight off the site size requirements in the area.
    I cannot see you getting anything on quarter acre in a rural setting, shed or no shed.
    People have been known to move into such existing structures and create a dwelling, brazen it out for a few years and try to get retention for it then. It's possible but not legit and all the risk would be on your own back.
    It's the same as building a new house on a green field without planning. You can try it but don't be surprised if it goes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Harry,
    this is the construction and planning forum.

The majority of posters/responders above are working in the industry, so trust me when I say:

What you are looking to is against the law, you've Been told ‘you need planning’ more than once

Suggest you read the forum charter, before posting again

Best of luck

Advertisement