Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer forum

Options
  • 28-04-2019 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

I received a 3 month ban today for a comment made after the man united match in which it was assumed I was trolling. I think it is harsh and a false assumption to think this as I have given this opinion as shared in my post several times over the past few weeks on that forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'll alert the Sports CMods to your appeal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'll take a look.

I'll speak to the mod to get context.

Can you please post here or send me any relevant pm's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any news on reversing my ban? I say this as I see clear trolling on both sides this week in the soccer thread yet my comment which was a legit statement and argument I have said the past month or so was considered trolling.

Allow me to celebrate another anfield miracle i beg !

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I've mentioned elsewhere in this forum we are currently struggling to find available Sports CMods to look at these Soccer disputes (one of the Sports CMods is also a mod of Soccer and does not get involved in Soccer disputes)

If you wish I will look at this, probably later on today (if I step in to the CMod role you will still have the opportunity to appeal to another Admin if I uphold the sanction)

Are you happy to go ahead on this basis?

If so can you forward your PM exchange with the mod challenging their decision, or post it up here

• Advertisement

The mod won't play ball. He will not consider listening to my case to be granted permission back to the soccer forum

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ricero wrote: »
    The mod won't play ball. He will not consider listening to my case to be granted permission back to the soccer forum

Did you send Steve the relevant PMs with the mod when he asked?

Ricero - Please respond to Mickeroo's question so this appeal can be progressed. If you fail to do so I will take it that you are withdrawing your appeal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I've had no pm's from the OP about this appeal.

That request was over 3 weeks ago. OP has had plenty of time to provide requested info.

Failure to engage means that 3 month siteban for breach of probation will now take effect.

Closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement