If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - 40/43 inch TV

Options
  • 28-04-2019 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Hi Kenny,

Nobody at richersounds was able to tell me the width of the stand (I rang after not getting a reply here). After reading a few more reviews it seemed like it was roughly 90cm.

I did order after that so looking forward to getting the tv next Friday.

I am thinking of adding a 40/43 inch to the order for the parents if it’s not too late. What’s the best bang for buck in this size?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi Zurbaran,

I’ve given the extra tv part of your post a new thread, easier to spot and deal with away from the discount codes thread.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks @The Ritz,

@Zurbaran,

if its a decent 43" do have a look at the LG 43LG4300 - it's a full HD ( not 4K) from LG which has a great picture but it's only £299 / €339:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203537-lg-43lk5900pla-43-inch-hdr-smart-led-tv-1080p-hd-freeview-play.aspx

We could even tweak the price slightly if you were interested to £279 with a Boardie voucher if you were interested..

If you wanted to step up the quality, it's hard to beat the Philips 43PUS6703 - the OS is a bit obtuse but the Ambilight and in particular the Picture quality are exceptional at £369 / €449:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203601-philips-43pus6703-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-ambilight-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Both available from stock at the moment - keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Thanks for the recommendation John. I spoke to David before seeing this and he also recommended the same Philips. He was able to drop the price to €435

I checked in the south here and the price was very competitive as Argos.ie had it for €429. Was going to order today or tomorrow but now I see the Argos price has dropped to €399. Are you able to match this price drop?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Zurbaran wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation John. I spoke to David before seeing this and he also recommended the same Philips. He was able to drop the price to €435

I checked in the south here and the price was very competitive as Argos.ie had it for €429. Was going to order today or tomorrow but now I see the Argos price has dropped to €399. Are you able to match this price drop?

Thanks
    Hi Zurburan,

I wouldn't be able to match that price I'm afraid as Argos only include a 12 month manufacturers warranty. They would need to include a 5 or 6 year warranty to be able to match it.

I can stretch to 429 euro if you're still interested though?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.