Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary teaching - Many jobs right now?

Options
  • 29-04-2019 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi I am a qualified primary teacher (probated + 5 years experience). I've been working in a different area for a bit just to try something different but I am considering returning to teaching. I am just wondering how easy/difficult it is to get a primary teaching post right now? I hear there's a shortage of teachers right now? I would love to get something in north co. Dublin close to where I live.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Subs are in huge demand,not to be had for love or money, particular in Irish medium schools, permanent jobs will go to the panel, presuming there will be some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Ngannou54

Subs are in huge demand,not to be had for love or money, particular in Irish medium schools, permanent jobs will go to the panel, presuming there will be some :)

What about fixed-term/temporary or maternity leave posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Ngannou54 wrote:
    What about fixed-term/temporary or maternity leave posts?

These are snapped up and generally given to subs already known within the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭slingerz

is it possible to do a conversion course as a qualified secondary teacher to primary or must you do the full PME again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

slingerz wrote: »
    is it possible to do a conversion course as a qualified secondary teacher to primary or must you do the full PME again

Full thing I believe. Hibernia course would probably be the least painful way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement