Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legoland

• 29-04-2019 12:03pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To follow up on the Thomasland thread :-) We will be in that part of the world in July and are considering a trip to Legoland as part of it.I understand the school holidays are extremely busy there-can people give me opinions or suggestions how to manage with potentially six kids of 5 and under?(not all mine there will be four adults!!!).Or is it even worth it at that time of year & for that age group?We may spend at most one night there, but most likely in the area and not in the park itself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

shesty wrote: »
    To follow up on the Thomasland thread :-) We will be in that part of the world in July and are considering a trip to Legoland as part of it.I understand the school holidays are extremely busy there-can people give me opinions or suggestions how to manage with potentially six kids of 5 and under?(not all mine there will be four adults!!!).Or is it even worth it at that time of year & for that age group?We may spend at most one night there, but most likely in the area and not in the park itself.

I’ve no personal experience, but I did mention to someone recently that I would think about bringing my now three year old and seven year old to legoland next year, and I was told that the smaller guy would be too small for another few years yet! Maybe if you were there anyhow though, it would be a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I brought my then 6&4 year old in September and it was a complete waste of time. It was a very wet Saturday but the place was completely mobbed and could not cope with the numbers. We queued for 40 mins for things like a carousel: the carousel ponies were missing tails, chipped paint etc. The queues for any of the good rides were 90 minutes plus.... there was no running water in any of the sinks in the bathrooms although I’d like to assume that was fixed. The queues for the restaurants were all 30mins+ just to get in. There is no way I would recommend it to anyone. It was dirty, filthy and we tend to go to theme parks and it was the worst one we had been too.

If you do go you need to buy Qbots or forget about getting on rides unless your kids are very good at queuing! Which makes for a very expensive day out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Thanks all.We aren't staying in the immediate area of Legoland, and we were wondering would it be worth the trip or not.Given the ages of the kids involved, it may not be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

cyning wrote: »
    I brought my then 6&4 year old in September and it was a complete waste of time. It was a very wet Saturday but the place was completely mobbed and could not cope with the numbers. We queued for 40 mins for things like a carousel: the carousel ponies were missing tails, chipped paint etc. The queues for any of the good rides were 90 minutes plus.... there was no running water in any of the sinks in the bathrooms although I’d like to assume that was fixed. The queues for the restaurants were all 30mins+ just to get in. There is no way I would recommend it to anyone. It was dirty, filthy and we tend to go to theme parks and it was the worst one we had been too.

If you do go you need to buy Qbots or forget about getting on rides unless your kids are very good at queuing! Which makes for a very expensive day out.

God I had the complete opposite experience of LEGO land I have to say, we went last year and LOVED it, honestly holiday of a lifetime. And it was immaculate! The Danes are ridiculously clean. They even had dogs in the park, with lego dog bowls. The set up with the dryers you can stand into after the water rides, really great. However, Our youngest was 4, and yes, there were a lot of things she couldn’t go on.

Though, if you are only there in the area for a day, with smallies. I would recommend the LEGO House instead. That opened last year and is a blast for small kids. Duplo waterfall, the robot cafe, and the whole outside of the building is fab playgrounds.
    https://www.legohouse.com/en-gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I assumed that the OP was talking about Legoland I’m windsor. Though to be fair, I’d also have thought they were all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It’s Legoland Windsor I’m talking about! The one in Germany is supposed to be fabulous too though.... we were honestly shocked at how awful it really was. I like finding the good in things but really I struggle to find anything redeeming to say about it. Even the “new” Star Wars sculptures inside had dirt and cobwebs: and the floors where kids could crawl into the middle of the exhibits through tunnels were filthy. We spent 6 days in London and the 2 would go back in the morn, but not to Legoland. They didn’t enjoy it at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Windsor is where I mean, sorry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I haven't been to the one in Windsor, but I presume they are all run the same. I was in Denmark and a lot of the rides and activities are based around height and they are super strict with this with a height check before you enter, and that would be after queueing for a long time. There are not a lot or rides for the smaller kids, so you should really check out what rides would be available before you go. It would be very disappointing to get there and then realise you can't do the majority of things or only 1 or 2 of the kids can do something while the others look on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭ted1

We were there for St. Patrick’s weekend a d stayed in the resort.
    Our 9 and 7 year old loved it. As did our 3 year old. Who went on most the rides.

It’d be perfect for 5 year olds.

The Sunday was mental massive queues, the Monday was the opposite as the English kids were in school and it was way more fun.

I know you are going in the summer but I’d still avoid weekends and main holidays.

Advertisement